Letters to College to help you get in.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Letters to College to help you get in.
By Ilabcurious1423 (Ilabcurious1423) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 08:03 pm: Edit

I just heard this once but....

Someone I know said that their older sister sent a letter to U of Mich during freshman year telling the school just how much they liked them and how they really wanted to go. He then said that later on, when his sister applied, she got accepted. With the acception letter, she got the letter that she had written while in her freshman year.

Do you think that doing something like this to Princeton(to me it just sounds like suckingup but whatever) would help me get in? I REALLYREALLYREALLY want to go there! Let me know what you all think!

By Usnewsranker (Usnewsranker) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 08:08 pm: Edit

your first paragraph is confusing...=(

By Subparasian (Subparasian) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Your inability to fabricate comprehensive sentences is a problem.

What would you say in your letter? "OMG! PRINCETON! I LOVE YOU! If i got into Princeton, i would be like, "wHOA!" The first word i ever learned was Princeton! With my Princeton education, I plan on saving children from poverty in third world countries and curing the world of pain forever." Seriously, what would you say?

By Ilabcurious1423 (Ilabcurious1423) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 10:25 pm: Edit

I have NO idea...I thought that it sounded weird. I also thought that it just sounded like she was trying to suck up. Sorry about the confusing writing, I was in a hurry. Also, it was kind of a hard story to explane. LOL. I know you probably won't believe me, but English is my best subject.

I was asking the question on the college board for and answer.....I wanted to find out what a person would say. That is why I was asking everyone here. I thought that someone else might have done the same thing. Also, it is the story that is really confusing, not my writing. I was just trying to write it in the shortest way possable.

By Chen (Chen) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 12:11 am: Edit

Is this a joke?

I think you're trying to say to show that her letter helped, U of Mich attached her letter that she wrote in freshman year to her acceptance letter?

A lot of people dream about Princeton, and Princeton knows this. Sending a letter saying it is your number one choice will not change your academic record--or more importantly essays in your case. Sorry, but to me, it appears as if your writing alone might reject you from Princeton.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page