What should I DO!!! I'm DEAD

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: What should I DO!!! I'm DEAD
By Pacman (Pacman) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 10:37 am: Edit

I just looked at the Harvard's website regarding transfer admissions. The deadline is FEBUARY 15th, that's ONE MONTH earlier than MIT, Stanford, and virtually all other Ivies.

The thing is, I had an incomplete last semester and another course where the professor made a mistake on my grade. It will all be taken care of but I doubt before FEB 15! I'm dead.

Can I send in all other things first and gave the transcript a little later? I doubt they'll be reading the transfer applications that soon anyway since they mail the decision letter is MAY!

Oh please!

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 01:01 pm: Edit

The important thing is to get your application in with a note explaining that your transcript is in progress. Then, get that incomplete done as quickly as possible. Good luck.

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 06:43 pm: Edit

where you at now?

By Pacman (Pacman) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

UIUC, why?

By M6ixty2wo (M6ixty2wo) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 11:23 pm: Edit

"The deadline is FEBUARY 15th, that's ONE MONTH earlier than MIT, Stanford, and virtually all other Ivies. "

NOTE: MIT and Stanford are not Ivy League. They are sometimes referred to as Ivy Plus schools, but they are not officially Ivy.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

M6ixty2wo: I'm sure he knows that. He was saying, "MIT, Stanford, and [Yale, Brown, Princeton, Cornell, UPenn, Columbia, Dartmouth]."

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

M6ixty, good thing you clarified that. That grave misconception would really have aversely affected his admissions process.

By Pacman (Pacman) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 10:36 am: Edit

Thanks you guys. But you guys misunderstood me.

Voigtrob got me right. Thank You!

By the way, what do you guys think will happen to my case if I write a note to the admission office saying my transcript will be delayed for awhile but sent everything in? Will they just put aside my application and come back to it when my transcript is ready?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page