Any asians with SAT lower than 1400? Please...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Any asians with SAT lower than 1400? Please...
By Cru (Cru) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:33 am: Edit

I am now sick of people with 1500. Is there any asian in this site with SAT lower than 1400? I want to know people who are applying to good schools with low stats. I have a 1360. I'm Korean. I'm applying to Columbia, UPenn, Cornell, JHU, Rice. Yes, you might be saying "that's all you got? Sorry man, you're not gonna get anything" I feel like my life has already been going down because of the crazy asian competition. I hate this whole college admission thing...

By veena : on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:59 am: Edit

hey cru...cool it.... it cant be that bad... a cousin of mine got 1350 or so and got thro cornell... that was a coupla yrs back..but i doubt much has changed...dont worry about it.. cool....

By veena on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 10:00 am: Edit

oh i forgot to add..she was indian..just like me

By MisanthropI Lover on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 10:45 am: Edit

ok i know quite a few 13x0s, also a couple of 1200ish and 1100ish. take it easy.

By dr. freud on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 12:18 pm: Edit

cru, you're obsessing. you're ALL OVER this site. no wonder you're "sad... lonely... dejected..."(that was the title of another thread you started). all you're doing is obsessing about cornell, your stats, everyone else's stats, and if you'll get in to cornell.

take my advice. there's nothing you can do about it now. it's this obsessing that's making you miserable. TRY TO STOP THINKING ABOUT COLLEGE!! take a break, talk a walk, take anything that will take your mind off this stuff. you'll feel better!

p.s. your stats (posted elsewhere) are FINE for an international!

By Jiangsong Chen on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:28 pm: Edit

I'm asian and my exact score was a 1400. Sorry I wish I could you there but I can't.

By AzN_Cowboy on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:36 pm: Edit

I havent taken the SAT yet, but according to my PSAT score, I would've only scored in the 1250-1350 range. :)

By cornellian on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Yeah dude, I agree with Dr. Freud. I think you'll have a great chance at Cornell. And if you are rejected, life is NOT over!!!

Take it from a Cornellian
hehe thats a funny burpey smiley

By Hopeful (Hopeful) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 09:28 pm: Edit

listen guys, we all need to chill abt SAT scores for top school. all of these ppl who say "U MUST GET A 1500 TO EVEN BE CONSIDERED" r stupid. we all have to realzie that for princeton, for example, there 25-75% SAT score is about 700-790 in both, which means that they still except ppl with scores under 1400...so chill out, relax, stop worrying about weather or not u'll get in, apps r done, time to slack off

By Cru (Cru) on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 10:13 pm: Edit

Thanks...
I wouldn't post stupid stuffs like this any more... Enjoy...

By jack on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 04:39 pm: Edit

chances at Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, berkeley, UCLA, U Chicago, Northwestern, Brown, Cornell, Columbia, Duke, NYU, BU, UC San Diego?
SATI: 800M/720V
SATII: 800 math IIC,720 writ, 770 phys
GPA: 3.63 UW, 9 APs: US hist, stats, english writing, macro econ, micro econ english lit, comp sci A, calc AB, phys; other advanced courses
out of country: London, Eng. (American citizen)
good ecs: pres. of 2 clubs, involved in 4 others (community service), 500+ hrs community service, math team (numerous awards)
sports: track & field (3 yrs), swimming (1 yr)
play guitar, piano, have played trumpet

By mit_hopeful on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:15 pm: Edit

i'm korean w/a 1320 (690/630 v/m). i'm like 95% sure i won't get into mit (1st choice) or cornell (2nd). so, i'll be at comm college next year if i stick around after i get the rejection letters. i had a car accident today-maybe next time i won't be so lucky.

By Geezy (Geezy) on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 12:58 pm: Edit

I am an Indian applying to cornell, MIT with
SAT I 570v 700m
SAT II 800IIc 750p
Yeah, I know the writing SAT II is missing-that was a damn mistale-a misunderstanding. But that's not a problem in applying to MIT(option II). And, you might be surprised to know that another boy(again from India) , who got scores SAT II 760IIc 720p, SAT I 500v 710m, is damn sure of getting into MIT.
Why?
He says(mind you, HE SAYS), that he made a theory in physics(6D, space, time travel...), which he wants to be patented(what is he? Next Einstein.. ), and on this basis he must be admitted(ADMITTED to MIT). He had a GREAT interview too. The greatest bluffer I've ever seen.........

By Tsai Shen Rui on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 06:34 pm: Edit

Cru,

I understand your pain man, last years college admissions was a bitch LOL. Maybe because I applied to like 14 or 15 schools. In all seriousness, Asian competition to the top schools will always exist. It is an inevitable fact of life. So to all the next generation Asians (those who currently attend elementary/middle school), work your asses off LOL!

By Fiza (Fiza) on Friday, August 15, 2003 - 02:39 am: Edit

My friend got a 1100 or 1000 or somthing. I got a 1300. But shes Korean and im bengali. hmmm

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page