Can i get into Princeton?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Can i get into Princeton?
By Bb on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 10:52 pm: Edit

My school only offers 3 AP classes, the college dose know this right? They do get the information?

My fresh man year is not worth listing because it was a waste and besides Princeton dose not care about freshman year, they do not look at it.

10th grade. All normal classes, Honor roll student all year, GPA about 3.8

EC: community service and Varsity Tennis

11th Grade:Honor English, Math, Science Chem, History.

EC: nation honor thingy, Community service, math club, Modle UN, Varsity tennis

12th Grade: Ap english, AP math, Ap HIstory, honor everything els.

SAT 1550

Talents: Black Blet and State Artist award and eassy champion.

The good side is that as you see the year go up, my classes gets higher and higher and higher, the college would pick this up.

I'm form a loser that smokes pot into a smart senior, I think the college would take note of this progress.

Ps. I'm chinese,

Do you think i can get into Princeton with that.

By hl on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 02:48 am: Edit

your stats are awesome. since you're an essay champion, man you'd better be sure that your essay is FANTASTIC! you've got a pretty good chance...aside from the fact that you're chinese, which sucks really. good luck

By tag on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:05 pm: Edit

God This is really unfiar. There are less Chinese in USA then Blacks and Hispanics but why do they have better chance then anybody just becuase they are minority.

lets say a Black, White, and Chinese all have the same scores. What precentage would you say they would get into the same school.

For example. A white has 50 percent. Chinese 30 percent.Black 70 percent.

By AzN_Cowboy on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 07:22 pm: Edit

You'd get in if they took note of your improvement. Also, you better write one heck of a good essay.

Good Luck

P.S. I'm Chinese too :)

By no on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 03:59 pm: Edit

um actually chinese have as good/bad a chance of admission as whites...they are not really given an advantage as there are already a great amount of Asians in top colleges. So being Asian is actually a disadvantage (rather than other minorities) & equal chance as whites, no better

By me on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 12:39 am: Edit

For one: the word is "does" not "dose"
"my classes gets" is sooo incorrect

Also, you don't have the extracurricular involvement to get into Princeton. How are you an essay contest winner with this kind of grammar?

By stupid on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

me, you are so gay. what does incorrectly spelling words on an online forum have ANYTHING to do with essay writing. DUH, no one cares how well you spell on a forum.

By MisanthropI Lover on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 02:38 pm: Edit

why there are so many Chinese on the forum?!Do all of you go to PR board sometimes?

By obvious on Saturday, January 18, 2003 - 03:57 pm: Edit

cuz they all really care about college, unlike most whites

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page