Transfer Student from URI-hoping for Marymount manhattan col

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Transfer Student from URI-hoping for Marymount manhattan col
By Nettied21 (Nettied21) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 03:09 am: Edit

Hello-
I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I am almost 19 years old and just started my 2nd semester as a freshman at the University of Rhode Island. I decided its really not a place for me and im hoping to transfer. I applied to The college of new jersey and Marymount Manhattan Collge. I was rejected from TCNJ when i first applied as a high school senior but i've never applied to MMC and i'm very interested in it. I was jut wondering if anyone had any good things to say about MMC and if It is a rough school to get into. My sat scores combined were a 1080 and my gpa in high school was a 3.3. my first semester at URI, my gpa was a 2.9. I was just wondering my chances...thanks :)

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

Marymount Manhattan is a very nice school - good academics and small enough that you can develop good relationships with teachers. Pretty campus in a nice area of the Bronx (Riverdale).

You probably should not have a problem transferring there, especially if you have some good recommendations from your URI teachers. In 2003, Marymount Manhattan received 389 transfer applications and accepted 269. Good luck.

By Nettied21 (Nettied21) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 12:13 am: Edit

Marymount Manhattan ..as far as I knew.. was on 71st between 2nd and 3rd...are you reffering to a different school or different campus?

Also does anyone know the gpa and or average sat scores for this school...

And if anyone has anything else i could possibly do to get into this college it would be great..i have to get out of rhode island..im so unhappy..and this school is really one of my last chances at getting to go to school in manhattan..i can't get into nyu, columbia, barnard..and im a premed major..any other schools i could try??
thanks...

By Marmom4647 (Marmom4647) on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 11:17 am: Edit

Hi Nettied21,
My 19 year old son is living in Manhatten and applying to Marymount Manhattan and is very excited about going there. He had a similar experience his freshman year at San Diego State and moved to NYC this past summer. The school is in a beautiful part of New York. He is going to a CUNY school until he get into Marymount. Write back if you have any more ???s.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page