A hypothetical "what are my chances?"

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: A hypothetical "what are my chances?"
By Ambitious203 (Ambitious203) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 01:21 am: Edit

Hopkins, Stanford, Cornell, UPenn, Harvard, Yale

Suppose I had an SATI in the 1550-1600 range, a 95 GPA (on the 98-scale), had 5's in 11 APs, played a musical instrument for 15 years and wrote a few original compositions for it as well, and participated in a sport and several clubs including NHS (but no leadership positions in any of these clubs)... Would it be possible to get accepted to any of these schools?

By Ambitious203 (Ambitious203) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 01:22 am: Edit

^ add several SAT II's in the 750-800 range

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 03:09 pm: Edit

only if u aren't asian

By Benjamin (Benjamin) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

5s in ELEVEN APS??? That would be awesome...and you would probably be in at Cornell and JH and have a great chance at the others.

By Tout (Tout) on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

Your chances for achieving this hypothetical scenario is about as high as the admissions rate for MIT! =)

But people do get into MIT, and so there are people with your hypothetical scenario. If you were one of these people, then congratulations. think the very strong academics plus the musical side presents a pretty good picture of the applicant.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page