Do I have a future after high school?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Do I have a future after high school?
By Kay86 (Kay86) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

I hate myself so much right now! GGGRRRR! I have such a really bad SAT score and now I dont even think I'm going to be able to go to any of the colleges I applied to. I'm a senior and I dunno wat to do! I really want to become a pharmacist but now I dunno what to do. My back up major was going to be nursing. Plz help me! My SAT score is about 890-900. I have a GPA of 3.8 and ranked at around 30 out 260 students at my school. I do take AP courses and hold leadership qualities. I applied to St. John's, University of the Sciences, Long Island University, Massachussetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and UCONN. And I dont even know if I should go to an interview with one of the schools I applied to. AAAAAHHHHH. I hate it! So much competition! I'm stressing out so much! :-(

By Aclockworkowens (Aclockworkowens) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

No...your life will end. You might as well crawl into a hole now and wither away the days as a hermit.

Of course you have a future...believe it or not, you can be accepted to a school with relavitvely low scores. In fact, if I were you, I'd stop coming to this board. Know why? Because everyone posting about their 1500's and being accepted to Cornell and Yale isn't going to make you feel any better, and will probably worsen your mood if nothing else.

So here's what you do. Interview with all the schools you can and wait for the decisions. If you don't get into any of the schools you applied to, attend a Junior College and then transfer. Trust me, things will work out for you.

By Nycdebater (Nycdebater) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

Kay...no offense to you but you will definitely be accepted to St. Johns because they accept anyone as long as they get the money...dont worry ull get into the schools you applied to....maybe you should try to apply to a reach school maybe just for the fun of it...and believe me im not one of a 1500 students...im 'normal' just like you...bye bye

By Deeny1414 (Deeny1414) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Why don't you apply to schools that don't require SATs. Like Bowdoin and Bates for example don't require them and they are AMAZING schools.Your 3.8 and rank will get you into pretty good schools, just find a place that you love and go for it! BTW, where do you live because you should be applying to the state school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page