Chances at F&M, Swarthmore, Princeton, Kenyon, & Penn

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances at F&M, Swarthmore, Princeton, Kenyon, & Penn
By Confusedinpa (Confusedinpa) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 07:30 pm: Edit

HS Junior, Male

1130 SAT I (will retake)
620 SAT II Writing (will retake along w/ other SAT IIs)
4.0 GPA (weighted)
Student Council Pres.
Student Council District Board Representative
Penn. Assoc. of Student Councils District & State Conference Delegate and Workshop Presenter
National Honor Society Secretary
Marching Band
Local, State, & Nat'l Academic Games Undefeated Player & Medalist
Science Olympiad Medalist
Penn. Foreign Language Competition Medalist (Spanish)
Community Volunteer
National Society of High School Scholars
American Meteorological Society

Junior and Senior Yr. Courses...
AP Calculus
AP Chemistry
AP English Lit.
AP U.S. History
Honors Physics
Functions/Trig./Precalc.
Avanced Biology
Spanish III,IV,V

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

Little chance at Penn, pton or swarthmore unless you get those SAT II's way up to make up for your lackluster SAT I score.

By Judeezy36 (Judeezy36) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 11:15 pm: Edit

words like "lackluster" aren't really appreciated... it's not helpful to break people down... 1130 for junior year is fine, my brother had a 1090 junior year and ended up with a 1380 and admitted to harvard among other schools... keep workin hard man-

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

A 1090 to a 1380 is a HUGE jump. That's an extreme case. I don't think Mzhang was trying to break anyone down, but a 1130 is really low for Princeton/Swarthmore/Penn, you have to admit... and junior year is right before senior year... so he doesn't have much time to improve that (he can improve, but by hundreds of points? unlikely). We're all just trying to be realistic here. So, what anyone will say with your current stats, Confusedinpa, is that Princeton, Penn, and Swarthmore are all big reaches. The EC's don't stand out either. Bring up those scores a lot and you might be in the running.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page