GPA or SAT?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: GPA or SAT?
By dyip10 on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

I was wondering, let's say your SAT is below the school average of an UC (University of California) but your GPA is above the average. Like for example, if you got a 4.4 GPA but a 1000 SAT score, would you have a chance at UC San Diego? or UCLA?

By asdfad on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:23 am: Edit

only if that GPA is a UC GPA...otherwise unless you excel in sports or a particular area no shot at LA ...UCSD is not that hard

By Depends on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:24 am: Edit

well, they usually see it as "the high schol is really easy" SAT 2s tell more about the rigor of academics tho, since they test your KNOWLEDGE..what are your IIs?

By Icex1 (Icex1) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 01:32 am: Edit

For UC's. Top 10 percent of your class (4.4 probably would be) would pretty much guarantee admission in. SAT's are very important at pretty much every school and with a 4.4, you probably need around 1200, give or take 50, to gaurantee admission into UCSD

By vp on Tuesday, January 14, 2003 - 11:16 am: Edit

hey suppose i get all Cs but like 800s in SAT 2s.. what happens?

By wow...incredible on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:04 pm: Edit

hey just wondering...how do u manage a 4.4 GPA with a 1000 SAT score?
what do u do? study extremely hard and then forget all the stuff u learned after the test? bad test-taker? just dozed off during the test? just forge/lie about ur GPA? or extreme grade inflation at ur school as in A=9.0, honors classes are GPA+15 or something like that? i mean, what is it?

By dyip10 on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:51 pm: Edit

Lol, first of all I haven't seen taken the SAT yet, second of all. Math is easy, the Vocab is the hard part.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page