Davidson Deferral

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Davidson Deferral
By Helplessmom (Helplessmom) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 08:49 am: Edit

My son has been deferred early decision from his first choice school, Davidson. His sats were a little low at 1260 but everything else is on par.They told him sats were the least important factor but now he is questioning that. He has visited the school several times so I feel like they know of his interest. Does anyone know the % of kids accepted into RD from the early admit deferral pool. I can find this information at the ivies but couldn't find it for Davidson.

By Mom08 (Mom08) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

I don't know what the stats are, but I'm feeling it for you. My son applied ED2, and is anxiously waiting now. We've visited once. His SAT's are 1400, but grades are lower than the Davidson average. Extra-curriculars are good, though.
I read somewhere that you should not just sit and wait. Call them, or visit and let them know that Davidson is still his number one choice.
With a little luck, both our sons will be members of their class of 2008.

By Helplessmom (Helplessmom) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:25 am: Edit

Good luck to your son. The week before you know is stressful.Fortunately there are a lot of good schools out there and I think my son realizes that now. It would have been nice to get the suspense over with though:)He is going to visit again for an overnight so hopefully that will help. Thanks for your support.

By Mom08 (Mom08) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:47 am: Edit

Thanks too. It's very difficult to figure what the Adcoms are looking for from year to year to fill each class. I'll post here again when decisions for EDII are out.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page