|By Ilikepie (Ilikepie) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit|
Hey, I was deferred on Dec 1 for William and Mary early decision. I'm wondering what my shots are at regular admissions, and here are my stats:
- 3.85 GPA, unweighted
- Rank 16, top 10% of class
- SAT Is = 1390 (660 M, 730 V)
- SAT IIs = 720 writing, 650 math 1, 640 us hist.
- APs = 4 on US hist, 4 on English 11
- Senior schedule = AP Macro and Microeconomics, AP Envi Sci, AP English Lit, AP French V, Honors Calculus, Honors Creative Writing, Concert Band, Jazz Band
- Extracurriculars = Band and Jazz Band (1st chair drummer all 4 years), Musical Productions and Theatre productions all 4 years, Nat'l Honor Society, Tri-M Music Honor Society (vice prez), National Foreign Language Honor Society (French), National Math Honor Society (committee chairman), Young Republicans' Club (cofounder), Yearbook in 9th grade, History Club, Pep Band, Percussion Ensemble, Literary Magazine (staff member in 9 and 10, writer in 12). I also started a rock band a jazz band of my own; both have had plenty of performances over the past 3 years. I've had perfect attendance in grades 10, 11, and 12.
- I live in MD (out of state for W&M, which is a public VA school for those of you unfamiliar)
- I HAVE sent a letter of continued interest (it was long and formal), a CD of examples of my drumming, and a few e-mails to my specific admissions representative in the college.
So what's it looking like? thanks ahead for any advice and opinions!
|By Ec001 (Ec001) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit|
If you were in-state, I think your chances would've been extremely high (definetly better stats than the people that got admitted ED from my VA school). I think you still have a relatively good chance for getting off the wait-list. What other schools did you apply to?
|By Chen (Chen) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 12:06 am: Edit|
I'm surprised that you weren't accepted, actually, because a girl from my school got accepted ED (out of state) and it appeared to me that her ECs weren't as impressive (and I had seen some of her writing submitted to a literary magazine - like elementary crap, really :/), thought her SAT Is were much higher--maybe you should retake them. You have a good shot still.
|By Ilikepie (Ilikepie) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit|
Hey, thanks for the opinions... I also applied to Bucknell, Wake Forest, UVa (yeah...right), Richmond, and St. Mary's of Maryland.
Report an offensive message on this page E-mail this page to a friend
|Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.|
|Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only|