Kicked out of College

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Kicked out of College
By Mustang383 (Mustang383) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

I'm a senior in High School with a 3.8 / 4.6 GPA and 1180 SATs. I plan on going to either Rutgers, Uconn, or Binghamton next year...or UMass, if I get in. The problem is my senior year grades. They're fairly decent, mostly A's and B's, however I have a D+ in AP Physics. And I know for a fact this is not going to improve by the end of the year. Will this D+ in Physics, and possibly a C+ in AP Stat, get me revoked from any of these schools? Any input would be greatly appreciated, or any stories/experiences. Thanks.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 04:09 pm: Edit

As long as your GPA doesn't dip too far, you should be ok if you've already been accepted. In general state schools are more lenient about not rescinding admissions than the top private LAC's are. However, if you haven't already been accepted and they ask for mid-year grades before accepting you, it could be a negative in the admissions process.

By Mustang383 (Mustang383) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Ok, Thanks. It's something that I've been wondering about, because the last thing I want to do is base my college choice upon whether I think I'll get kicked out of another school (ex. if i choose Umass over Rutgers because I believe if i choose rutgers they'll revoke my acceptance after seeing the end-year report...and then its too late to say yes to another school). So thanks for the input

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page