OHHHHH SNAP!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: OHHHHH SNAP!!!
By URM on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:32 pm: Edit

I am black, and on the application, for race, I left the box empty because I thought the college didn't like blacks. I can't believe I hadn't heard of affirmative action. I really want to go to Dartmouth, and I was deferred early decision. WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

By HAHA on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:35 pm: Edit

THAT SUCKS 4 U...

By mo on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:35 pm: Edit

you should call the admissions office up and let them know that you forgot to fill in the box.

By AA sucks on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

What, they're not going to admit you based on that terrific essay you wrote? Or on your personal statement about how poor you are?

By d on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:47 pm: Edit

If you haven't heard of affirmative action, you must be living in a cave and probably aren't educated enough to warrent attendance at Dartmouth.

By AA sucks on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:47 pm: Edit

I guess they only want you because of your skin color.

By AA kicks the ass on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:50 pm: Edit

your essay should have given it away..did you NOT have an interview?

GO black ppl

By mo on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Go black ppl???? HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By URM on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 08:25 pm: Edit

I am from a rural area in the midwest. It is an area where about 10% of high school graduates even attend community college. We are persecuted all the time, because of all the racist rednecks, and it is practically legal to be a biggot, because the cops there don't give a damn, and are racist themselves. It was practically instinct for me to not check off "black", because of the environment in which I live. And to everyone who hates blacks just because we get affirmative action, hate affirmative action, not us.

By tensighs is a moron on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 08:45 pm: Edit

We do hate AA, not blacks.

If the racism is as systemic as you allege, go above the local police departments. Go state. If not then federal.

What specific incidents have caused you to believe the police are racist?

By Cousin Mertle on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 08:48 pm: Edit

ummmmm Rodney King..........

By Akt88 (Akt88) on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Oh my god, give the whole "I hate AA" bit up, will you.

By Dana on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:07 pm: Edit

TO URM

screw this board and half of these ignorant, racist, morons.
Sorry to let you know the Supreme Court said that AA is unconstitutional and everytime it has been brought before the supreme court it has been deemed unconstitutional. For the most part it does not occur. You cannot use it as a vice to be admitted into the IVY Leaugue. I wish you the best of luck in you college search and your future. Keep your head up. And for future refernces don't conceal who you are.

By me on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:19 pm: Edit

HAHAHA you don't deserve to get in if you made that mistake. You hadn't heard that being a black person helps you? HAHAH you thought colleges DIDN'T like blacks? Wow, you don't sound like you've been researching the admissions process very thoroughly. What a moron.

By your local mayor on Wednesday, January 15, 2003 - 10:54 pm: Edit

Affirmative Action is Unconstitutional. So says the Executive Branch and Supreme Court of our great country of the United States of America!!!
Wow, judges that were assigned mostly by DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTS OF ALL PEOPLE actually think Affirmative Action is Unconstitutional?!?! Shows how much some liberals just love this great country of ours just like I do, a leaner-towards-the-right-wing voter. All white people must be evil! LOL

By ouch on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 05:52 pm: Edit

haha man that sux....because i mean even thought it may be uncostitutional, it does as a fact help u in college admission....call them up and tell them

By Free Speech Lover on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Quote: "and it is practically legal to be a bigot"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See "Amendment I."

By 4543 on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:46 pm: Edit

When I send my form, do I have to check the box for a race? I'm chinese and its so hard to get in. I should just check under "black" and when they find out, i'll just say i made a mistake, and if they kick me out after they admited me, I will sue sue and sue.

By Gamer on Thursday, January 16, 2003 - 07:49 pm: Edit

There's no law declaring that you must reveal your ethnicity. A tip to all Chinese kids, don't tell them your Chinese lol

By wow on Friday, January 17, 2003 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Omg, if you haven't heard of AA before and believed that Dartmouth doesn't like black people, maybe you shouldn't be applying there if you've been living a cave like that for the past 17-18 years.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page