This Year's Transfers

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: This Year's Transfers
By Transfer16 (Transfer16) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 03:39 am: Edit

Hi to all potential transfers!
I been working very hard the past year 1 and 1/2 in order to transfer. I currently attend a California Community College.
I would like to transfer to: Stanford, Tufts, Harvard, UCLA, Yale, U of Miami, U of Chicago.
Here are my stats:
_Horrible High School career, around 1.9 GPA.
_I was out of school 3 years.
_4.0 College GPA (Averaging 17 quarter units and 30% of the units being honors)I've been at my college almost 2 years.
_1220 on the SAT (its low and I dont think I will be able to bring it up much more. English is not my first language).
_Founder and President of a sports club.
_EOPS community service volunteer.
_Economics T.A
_Student Government/School Paper Treasurer.
_Work as a Hockey referee 15 hours a week.

Post your comments or stats (if you want). I'm interested in what all of you are doing regarding the transfer process.

By Momojaja (Momojaja) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

hi, transfer16, i am a pontential transfer2, i am freshman at Boston U and hoping to transfer to Wellesley... i barely studied at my first semester, so i got a terrible gpa T_T, i am determined to work my ass off to get a good gpa this semester.
i think u have a grate chance to get in UCLA and U of Miami, good luck!

By Meggykewpie (Meggykewpie) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

How hard is it to transfer if you are out of state and you want to go to UCLA or UC Berkley? My situation is that I will probably attend case western for a year because I didn't apply to UCLA or UC Berkley because I am out of state. However, my family is moving to california this summer. Does that not make a difference anymore though seeing that I would be in college? I also applied to USC, would I have a better chance of getting into the UC's if I went to USC for a year? Do you know what kind of grades you need? Thanks!

By Aclockworkowens (Aclockworkowens) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

It's really, really hard to transfer to UCLA or Berkeley out of state...the reason being that everyone currently enrolled in a California Community College wants to enroll in one of those two schools...

By Shahab (Shahab) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

hey im a transfer app too harvard, dartmouth, yale, stanford, u chicago, babson, upenn, nyu, columbia, cornell. 3.82 college gpa soph year, 1550 SAT1 prez and founder of management and marketing association, managing editor of poetry review.

If anyone wants to contact me, my AIM is FreeAdHere

By Transfer16 (Transfer16) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Momojaja: interestingly enough, I currently attend a California community College who has recently entered an "alliance" with Wellesley? I think its a great school, but since I'm a boy, it's a bit hard to get accepted there,jajja.

MeggieKewepie: If you are really interested in transfering to UC Berkeley or UCLA I would recommend you to come to California with your family and attend a Community College. Most of these colleges have official priority admissions.

By the way, in my resume above I forgot to say that I have legacy in Stanford.

Keep on posting about your different situations. Maybe we can all help each other.
Regards!

By Momojaja (Momojaja) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 08:16 pm: Edit

shahab, where do u go to school now? i think u could definitely get into babson :)
best of luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page