Chances of getting into MIT or Princeton

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances of getting into MIT or Princeton
By Soulman (Soulman) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:23 pm: Edit

Hello People,

I would like to know what are my chances of getting into MIT or Princeton

-I am a junior in High School
-I got 1330 on my SAT(one try)
-I moved here from Israel 2 years ago so I did not take any honor classes on my freshmen or sophmore year but I had a 3.8 GPA
-Now I am taking honor classes and some AP and I have a 4.0 GPA
-I am ranked second in tennis for my state
-my high school record in tennis 36-4
-I have also played soccer in the school team since the freshmen year

Please tell me what are my odds. I appreciate your help!

By Aclockworkowens (Aclockworkowens) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

Not that great with that SAT score, unfortunately...the tennis ranking is good...but MIT wouldn't care much about that...so improve that SAT score...

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Go for tennis, take your SAT II's and hope you can get recruited.

By Libsters (Libsters) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 12:36 am: Edit

Shalom --- Mashlom Cha? Hehe ... My parents are from Israel = )... Take the SAT again .. get it up ( esp. your verbal , b/c I am sure it's a lot lower than your math b/c English isn't your first lang) .. if you are recruited for tennis you shouldn't have a problem = )

By Soulman (Soulman) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 11:56 am: Edit

Oh and I forgot to add that I am also going to attend the youth convention for advanced technology in Silicon Valley, Calif. and I am going to represent the U.S. in an International tournement in Australia

Consider this

By Compewter (Compewter) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Take your TOEFL, and SAT 2's. As well, contact the school's so you may be recruited for tennis (Talk to the coaches). Retake SAT, and study verbal like crazy. Practice with the 10 real SAT's.

Otherwise, you have spectacular extra-curricular achievements.

By Dhonch (Dhonch) on Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 09:52 am: Edit

You need a 1500 SAT 1 and 750 average SAT 2s to be competitive at MIT. Princeton is always a crapshoot, even with those stats. Good luck.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page