Is this a good idea, or will it screw me up??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: Is this a good idea, or will it screw me up??
By hyp101 on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 04:37 pm: Edit

OK, I was deferred from Harvard some time ago and since I felt that my lackluster attitude towards the application was the primary reason for it, I re-wrote the whole of the application + attached about 20 pages of extra materials to it. Did the same for Yale, Princeton and Cornell. Now I am planning to spend the next 2 months sending in extra materials to them - several essays; 2 research projects; 2 extra recs; some artwork; update on new achievements.

Will they be annoyed about all this extra material and see me as desperate, or will it show that I am very interested in attending their university and put in a lot of effort??? Should I do it? I did not send almost anything extra with my EA app, and got deferred, so I decided to send as much as I can...

By Weidamengxing (Weidamengxing) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 04:44 pm: Edit

OMG! does everyone do this?

By ecx on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 04:47 pm: Edit

i think it's a great idea. wow.

By mo on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 05:23 pm: Edit

u see deferral = rejection because harvard only rejects 3% of it's applicants so the rest are deffered. you've seriously got NOTHING to lose, so u might as well try your best shot and send them everything.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page