Haverford?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Haverford?
By Exerful (Exerful) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 02:35 am: Edit

hi, i was wondering if anyone had any idea of my chances of getting into haverford college. i applied early and got deferred. there are two other people applying there from my school, and as far as i know, they have better stats than i do :-\

GPA: about 3.96
SAT: 660M, 640V
ACT: 30 (33 math, 31 english, 30 reading, 26 science)
i have a whole bunch of extracurricular activities, including music (in the school honors orchestra), a varsity sport, leadership positions in a couple of clubs, and am in NHS (National Honor Society).
overall, i have (had) a fairly rigorous schedule, with a whole bunch of APs and honors all throughout high school. (APs taken: bio, english and spanish language; APs I'm taking: english and spanish lit, music, stat, psych)
i wrote two really good essays, and i believe that my recs were also good.
(and if it matters, the high school i go to is really competitive and 'top notch', to say the least.)

other schools i applied to:
rutgers (accepted)
villanova (accepted)
vassar
nyu
lehigh

okay, that's all i could think of (for now). any help would be appreciated. thanks.

By Exerful (Exerful) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 02:40 am: Edit

oh yeah, i forgot to add that i've had a part time job. i worked an average of 15 hours a week all throughout my junior year and this year as well. and i've done a good deal of community service.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

I'd say you have a shot. I'm assuming you've already applied - your SATs are a bit low but your GPA and coursework is impressive. Good luck!

By Dabigv12 (Dabigv12) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 07:25 pm: Edit

i got deferred too.. and im a recruited athlete!!! hopefully we get in.. i heard only like 10 kids got deferred?

By Exerful (Exerful) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 12:32 am: Edit

really? only 10 deferrals? i didn't hear anything about that because i was the only person from my school who applied early. but this year, there were A LOT of deferrals from all the top schools. i wonder if that means something...

but hopefully we get in, dabigv! and thanks, carolyn :-)

By Exerful (Exerful) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 04:53 pm: Edit

bump... (i'm anxious)

By Exerful (Exerful) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 08:11 pm: Edit

oh man, bump... (still anxious)

By Carebearga (Carebearga) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 10:32 am: Edit

Aww, Exerful! Try not to worry too much. I think you have an excellent chance of getting in. I heard from another person that they in fact did only defer 10 people- so being deferred is no small feat. My guess is that they wanted to see how many applicants they were going to recieve from your area before deciding. Good luck, and keep us posted!

By Exerful (Exerful) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

bump again? :-\

By Exerful (Exerful) on Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

hey, a thought-- does anyone happen to know how many ED applicants there were?

By Dabigv12 (Dabigv12) on Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

i heard there were a crapload of ED applicants.... where are you from exerful??

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page