Transfer to Cornell

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Transfer to Cornell
By Wanttotransfer (Wanttotransfer) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm pretty unhappy here at Boston University and really want to transfer to Cornell. The only problem is, my grades last semester were: B+ Chem, B Writing, B Calc II, B biomedical engineering class. I'm actually pretty pleased with my writing grade since I was one of only two freshman in a class of 18 and the prof only gave out one or two A's. Anyway, I know that this semester I could probably get around a 4.0 GPA to even out last semester's grades. I really, really want to transfer for next year but don't know if I should wait until my grades are better. Also, do you think my hs record would count toward the decision? I was 3/244 with over a 4.5 gpa.

By Shahab (Shahab) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

whats your overall gpa

By Wanttotransfer (Wanttotransfer) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Overall it's 3.08

By Shahab (Shahab) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

I think you should wait a year. Would you have maintained your high school stats in college, I think you would have a very legitamate chance at Cornell. Unfortunately, due to your GPA now, I don't think you have a very strong case. Work very very hard and apply next year. Under the assumption that most schools understand that freshman year can be a shocker because you are getting used to the parties, the social life, dorm life etc, I think you have a shot if you work hard. Then again, with the quality of transfer applicants gotten at schools like this, they might not be so forgiving...im not sure. All im sure is that, if you apply now, you have a very miniscule chance of getting in.

By Newyorkcity2012 (Newyorkcity2012) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

hey wanttotransfer, what were your SAT's and SAT II's in hs? Did you apply to Cornell last year?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page