Do Universitys Pay Close Attention To Your Freshman Year Of

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Do Universitys Pay Close Attention To Your Freshman Year Of
By Makavel411 (Makavel411) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

I did pretty bad in my Freshman year, but im making up for it. Do they pay any attention to Freshman year?

By Soph1188 (Soph1188) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

not much but it is going to count on your gpa you know that

By Aclockworkowens (Aclockworkowens) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

It doesn't always count on one's GPA...it all depends.

By Sardonicboy (Sardonicboy) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

how can it not "always count"? what you make is what you get. period. EVERYTHING you take is calculated in a final GPA.

By Lucianno (Lucianno) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Not for all schools.

By Charisma_04 (Charisma_04) on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 - 12:25 am: Edit

Freshman year doesn't count for state schools in California.

By Kyle8744 (Kyle8744) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

my high school counts certain 8th grade classes on the transcript and GPA. and i'm totally screwed because i was a dumb 8th grader....

By Dstark (Dstark) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 06:04 pm: Edit

I don't know of any schools that count grades as an 8th grader. You might get credit for a particular course. Many schools like Michigan and Stanford also don't count 9th grade grades. However, those grades may be used in your class rank, and many schools do look at class ranks. I would try to get a school counselor to write a note and state that the class rank would be much higher if ninth grades don't count.

By Adr531 (Adr531) on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

it will have an impact on your cumulative gpa to some extent, but showing an upward trend will look favorable.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page