My chances for schools....

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: My chances for schools....
By Roughy42 (Roughy42) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

Here's my basic resume:

-1350 SAT
-3.28 uwgpa 3.8/9 wgpa
-APEX (Honors program at my school, bout 50 kids in each graduating class are in it.)
-7 AP courses (most others honors except for math)
-JV baseball 2 years, JV lax 1 year, V cross-county 1 year, V swimming 4 years.
-Community Service Award (250+ hours)

I'm a junior now and am in the midst of college searching. I would like a decent sized city school thats pretty competitive (nothing harvard like) but realy it doesn't matter, cept has to be on the eastern half of the US. So I was curious what everyone thoguht bout my chacnes at the following, and other suggestions are wonderful: Boston College, UNC Chapel Hill, University of Georgia, Penn State, University of Wisconsin, and anything else like that. Just as a side note im not sure that anything that costs above 20K is good, heh. By the way, I live in Rockville Maryland, right outside of DC, attending Walter Johnson, the 30-something ranked high school in america, duno if that means much cuz it just ranks according to the number of students taking APs, so whatever...

By Wdlynn (Wdlynn) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

There are some excellent schools across the potomac in Virginia as well that you have a good chance in. UVA, William & Mary, Washington & Lee (W&L is very small though, and expensive) all pretty much match your SAT score and others. Keep the GPA up with the tough course load and you'll have a great chance.

Good luck!

By Roughy42 (Roughy42) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 01:52 pm: Edit

bump

By Midwesterner (Midwesterner) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 02:10 pm: Edit

A lot of students from my area go to U of Wisconsin. You sound very competitive, but boosting your SAT over 1400 would be an asset. What are you thinking of for a major?

By Roughy42 (Roughy42) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

Business is the major I am looking for

By Roughy42 (Roughy42) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

bump

By Haithman (Haithman) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

Hey! i live in Maryland to...there are alot of marylanders on this board! LOL
Anywayz, have you thought about Georgetown? Excellent school and about 10 mins from your home.

By Roughy42 (Roughy42) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 11:44 am: Edit

I think georgetown is a little too competitve for what I'm looking for, I'm talkin more on the lines of Syracuse or Wisconsin and that sort.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page