Do I have any chance at all??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Do I have any chance at all??
By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 03:55 am: Edit

Arg, I hate doing this, but what are my chances at UNC-CH. I suppose they're in the general you-have-no-chance area, but I'd like to hear it from somebody else. Out-of-state. I moved to Seattle senior year 4 months ago and lost my residency. Been to three high schools = Hawaii, NC, and Seattle.

1370 SAT. 3.88 UW GPA (bad). Top 10%.
4 APs out of 4
ECs:
Journalism: Started a newspaper this year, editor, publisher, entertianment/forum editor, columnist, Quill & Scroll
Literary Magazine: Publisher
ASB: School senator, Homecoming Committee
Yearbook, Leadership, Key Club, French/International Club, Track, Wendy's and USAF Commissary jobs, and all that normal stuff

Some national & state awards for writing and publication in national lit mag. Three journalism awards at a UNC journalism thing (state-level). Our paper won their big "Tar Heel" award or whatever.

Long Essay: Moving around a lot (7 schools in 7 years, 13 houses, and 7 different states). NC was the longest I've lived anywhere = 3 years.
Short Essay: Mary Poppins.
Optional: Talents/Passions = Desktop Publishing.

Hopefully I can raise that SAT next week... Will the ties to NC--living there, going to their journalism institute, and getting awards--help AT ALL?

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 08:59 am: Edit

OMG...
A worthy contender...
I guess ur in since ur stats r much better than mine... My SAT is lower than yours (1290)... LOL... Seriously, dude (or gal!)... I betcha in for UNCCH...
Good luck...
HAHAHA the admission is extended to January 18
But I'm done...

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 12:13 pm: Edit

UNCCH is one of my top choices! (UVA and Dart being the others) Im a junior though, so I got a while. 1340 (630M 710V) 3.7?UW (guessing) 4.1W will be 4.3 or so by nd of this sem. hopefully.
Graduating with 11 APs, 6 clubs, 2 varsity sports, running for senior class prez., and voluneer hours spent tutoring and at a hospital.

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 12:16 pm: Edit

whoa your in Q and S too! lol and, forgot my rank top 5%... think i have a chance?

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

Acennace: Haha, I'm so glad they extended admissions. My essays neeeded work (and still do I guess).

Laceycheer: I'm sure you have a great chance. Top 5% is great and so is a 1340 score for only being a junior. Do you have any idea what the point of Quill and Scroll is? I won one of their national award things and I was all proud because I was the first at my school to finally get one. But then my teacher was like "Here you go, it's not that big of a deal." Haha.

By Musefinity (Musefinity) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 05:23 pm: Edit

bump

By Laceycheer (Laceycheer) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 05:24 pm: Edit

haha... no, no i dont know what the point is. I dont think my school bothers with it much on the national level, we just hold literary contests through the school newpaper (ill be on the mewspaper staff next year, couldnt this year c of AP chem, Arg) and we judge them to get winners.

Id love to here more about you, and your personal experience with UNCCH... i wont get to visit til the summer!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page