Ohio State University and Syracuse University

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Ohio State University and Syracuse University
By Metalhed79 (Metalhed79) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm new to the board and a high school junior in PA. My two schools of choice as of now are OSU and Syracuse. I was wondering if anyone out there had any info on my chances at each one.

I have taken the following honors courses:
English Honors (10th)80%
Biology Honors I (10th)86%
Chemistry Honors I (11th)86%
Analysis Honors (11th)92%
Trigonometry Honors (11th)90%

I plan on taking the following in my senior year:
American Government Honors

I have been a part of the wrestling team for my junior year and plan to do it for my senior. I have done 150+ hours of comm service at the local hospital. Other than that, haven't had too much to do with the school other than wrestling. My SAT I score was only a 1090, however, I plan to take it again and bring my score up to at least an 1150. My GPA is about a 3.4 or 3.5. I am in the top 25% of my class. Anyone with input would be greatly appreciated! THankS!

By Metalhed79 (Metalhed79) on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

ANYONE!!!???

By Feath17 (Feath17) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 07:21 pm: Edit

I know this has been awhile since you've posted but I may be able to help you out a little with Syracuse. Some schools are harder to get into there than others (School of Architecture, Newhouse, and I don't know about the others). This year the number of applicants went up so it was more selective. Straight off of their website it says that the average GPA is a 3.6 and the middle 50% of SATs are 1130-1320 so if you boost up your SAT, you would be around their standards. Also, for Syracuse the essays and interview count for a lot so definetly go for an interview and work hard on those essays. They also take into account, for senior year, the first marking period grades and that you're still challenging yourself so don't goof off you're senior year. I hope that helped a little and isn't too late.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page