What is the UC GPA based on?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: What is the UC GPA based on?
By Shes_Unlabeled (Shes_Unlabeled) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 06:05 pm: Edit

Is it true that your UC GPA is only based on 10th/11th grades and only counts up to 8 honors/APs? Or is part of that information incorrect...and does this apply to all the UCs are just some of them?

By Wizzz (Wizzz) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 07:07 pm: Edit

the first part is true for all UC schools. I'm not sure about the 8 honors/AP thing though, I am not aware that any limit exists.

By Kluge (Kluge) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 07:17 pm: Edit

This is what it says on the UC website:

Honors Courses
The University assigns extra points for up to four units of University-certified honors level and advanced placement courses taken in the last three years of high school: A=5 points, B=4 points, C=3 points. No more than two years of UC-approved honors level courses taken in the 10th grade may be given extra points. A grade of D in an honors or advanced placement course does not earn extra points.

(4 "units" = 8 semesters, so that's where the "8 honors" part comes from. It's actually 8 semesters of AP, with a maximum of 4 semesters in the 10th grade.)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page