Do interviews mean anything?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Do interviews mean anything?
By Funinthesun (Funinthesun) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 12:33 am: Edit

OK I applied to Penn RD and 3 weeks later an alumni in my area (so. cal) contacted me to schedule an interview. is this significant or is this a standard thing they do with all applicants?

By Namenooneman (Namenooneman) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

yeah. they'll give you an interview as long as they know you're applying.

By Argilospsychi (Argilospsychi) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 03:47 am: Edit

It's not significant as in it means they think you are a very strong canidate. Every willing applicant gets an alumn interview, and probably within a similar time frame.

As for if they mean much in the admissions dept...I don't think so. They mean some, and give you an opportunity to say stuff that was not explicit on your app, but overall, i'd say they make very little impression overall. Most people interview well, so the playing field is pretty level.

In my case, I had fantastic interviews but got rejected basically everywhere. My brown interviewer said basically I could get into any school I wanted and when she called me the next day to give me some information I had requested she told my mom that she thought I was "truly incredible and hopes I choose Brown"

ALAS! what can brown do for you? reject your sorry ...self. *glances at moderator* :)

It's not significant as in it means they think you are a very strong canidate. Every willing applicant gets an alumn interview, and probably within a similar time frame.

As for if they mean much in the admissions dept...I don't think so. They mean some, and give you an opportunity to say stuff that was not explicit on your app, but overall, i'd say they make very little impression overall. Most people interview well, so the playing field is pretty level.

In my case, I had fantastic interviews but got rejected basically everywhere. My brown interviewer said basically I could get into any school I wanted and when she called me the next day to give me some information I had requested she told my mom that she thought I was "truly incredible and hopes I choose Brown"

ALAS! what can brown do for you? reject your sorry ...self. *glances at moderator* :)

foiled. double post. my apologies

By Iflyjets (Iflyjets) on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 11:37 am: Edit

Read the thread in the Parents Forum concerning the topic: Interview Article, or something like that. There's discussion of interviewers, as far as their potential impact.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page