Yale
Harvard
Princeton
UPenn
MIT
Harvey Mudd
Duke
Northwestern

I have a 1600 on the SAT an 800 on the math2 a 780 chemistry and a 740 writing.

Im first in my class of about five hundred.

I was the captain of the soccer team when we won state last year. I am first chair in the wind ensemble president of the chess club and volunteer in the emergency room. I also have a job at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. I do x-ray photoelctron specroscopy and I really love it. I feel like another insecure high school student worried about his chances for admission. I chose these so called elite schools because I want to spend my life doing research not because Im drunk on the prestige of going to a so called elite college. I think these schools will give me the best introduction to science and I also think they will set me up well for graduate school this is not to say UW could do not do the same thing. Anyways let's hear it. How many or any?

By Penguin (Penguin) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 08:14 pm: Edit

I think someone as impressive as you can call Harvey Mudd and Northwestern safeties, or close to it, and can be quite optimistic about Penn and Duke as solid matches. The rest are reaches for everyone, but with your rock-solid academic numbers and fantastic ECs (impressive athlete, talented musician, AND scientific work under your belt!). I would be surprised if you didn't get into at least one of HYPM - it's too bad you didn't apply EA to your favorite among H,Y, and M, because you could very well have garnered an aceeptance already. Of course, Yale EA was in turmoil this year...but I digress.

You're going to attend a great university, no matter what, and you're going to choose it for a real, considered, coherent reason. Let me congratulate you now, because it's clear you've got four happy years ahead of you. At the same time, I feel obliged to wish you good luck, because however awesome your profile may be, luck will be a factor at HYPM.

By Myaplomb (Myaplomb) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

Thanks, I'll get back to you in April.

By Cornellian07 (Cornellian07) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Dude, you are going wherever you want. Perfect SAT, valedictorian, captain of state championship soccer team, first chair wind ensemble. These all are amazing. Harvard, Yale and Princeton are all amazingly selective, but I would say you're almost guaranteed to get into at least one of them, I would say 85% chance of getting into at least two, and 60% chance of getting into all three of them.

By Succor101 (Succor101) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

lol lol lol!
"insecure high school student"
if you can't get in, NO ONE CAN
don't doubt-you've worked hard and now thou shalt thy fruits

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page