Will a transcript error affect my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Will a transcript error affect my chances?
By Jamesbondmcm (Jamesbondmcm) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

I have applied to 14 schools recently. There was a lot of hassling in the guidance department, but we finally got them to send out transcripts. However, the guidance counselor accidently sent SAT scores 100 points lower than my real ones to 10 of those colleges! I discovered this when I checked Bucknell's AppCheck. I know Temple has already made their decision and I'm worried that other colleges have also. My mom and guidance counselor are trying to fix this by sending the right scores to every college. I am deathly afraid that it may affect my admissions. My high SATs were my saving grace on my application! Will Temple re-review it? Will other colleges look at my application negatively (and how could I fix this)?
Thanks in advance for your help.

By Daggerlee (Daggerlee) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 04:42 pm: Edit

Didn't those schools require Collegeboard score reports?

By Igjo8 (Igjo8) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

just send the colleges a letter explaining how incompetent your counselor is and i am sure they will be understanding.

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Thursday, January 15, 2004 - 08:34 pm: Edit

yes the transcript sat scores shouldn't matter. You are supposed to send score reports to colleges with your official SAT scores, no?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page