Where do i belong? and How do i get there?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Where do i belong? and How do i get there?
By Iwanttobeivy (Iwanttobeivy) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Im a white female a 10th grader and i have only a little idea about college. I know i want to go, and i know i want to go into law but where do i go to get to my dreams? Which college provides a great law degree and good fun. I like the hustle and bustle of a city. I love people. I like to talk(and argue ) I find law fascinating and im just unsure what college is best for me. Any ideas? oh and what are some extra things i can do to put myself on the top of the admisions list?

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 07:03 pm: Edit

It's difficult to say which college would be best for you unless we know something about your academic/extracurricular record. That said, assuming you are (or will be) a very competitive applicant, then any of the Ivy's (particularly Harvard or Yale) would be best. Other top-tier schools in this category include Georgetown, Stanford, NYU, Northwestern, UChicago, etc. But keep in mind that these are the cream of the crop. You can get a perfectly good education at other institutions. Furthermore, undergrad schools count far less than which law school you attend. Remember, it's not where you go, but what you make of it. Someone who works his ass off at a state school will definitely get into a great law school and future profession than one who slacks off at Harvard.

By Vulcano (Vulcano) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 07:53 pm: Edit

I think she doesn't realize that you can't study law in college. Iwanttobeivy, law is not offered as an undergraduate degree. You study law in graduate school after attending college and perhaps working for a couple years. You should perhaps think of a field you are interested in to study as an undergraduate.

To better your chances you should, well, do good in school. Get in clubs. And do very good in your SAT's. Altho your grade may have trouble studying that since you are the first class taking the new SAT.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

You can get started in college on law. Amherst has an undergrad degree in 'Law, Jurisprudence, and Social Thought,' for example.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page