Chances at georgetown 1400, 3.6, artist

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances at georgetown 1400, 3.6, artist
By Crumbledsugar (Crumbledsugar) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Do you think sending in a portfolio (that would get me into top art schools but is not "amazing") would increase my chances substantially? I plan on double majoring in Studio Art and Comparative Lit.

Academic-wise, I'm strong too, just not strong enough to get in without art. 750V/650M, 3.6 at competitive school with no rank (I'd probably be in the lower part of the top fifth, or top of 2nd 5th), 5 APs, 5 social studies credits, newspaper co-editor, president of students for justice (human rights activism), animal rights and pro-life activist.

I'm very pleased with my essays, one of which is about my struggle with my identity as an artist, and the other says why the Center for Peace studies is my motivation for applying there.

Any thoughts at all? Thanks. :)

By Crumbledsugar (Crumbledsugar) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 10:47 pm: Edit

bump. :)

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 10:54 pm: Edit

DEFINITELY send it. Georgetown does not have extremely strong programs in the arts - I think they would jump on the opportunity to have an artist of your calibre (if, as you say, your portfolio could get you into top art schools).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page