Rate these CA / AZ schools

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Rate these CA / AZ schools
By Mexor (Mexor) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 04:32 pm: Edit

i don't think i can get into my #1 univ. of san diego, but i think i can get into all these schools, which one should i goto?:
univ. of redlands
univ. of pacific
chapman univ.
santa clara univ.
arizona state univ.
univ. of arizona

By Joe3000t3 (Joe3000t3) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

univ. of redlands

By Uuaww (Uuaww) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 02:04 am: Edit

zona st has the hottest girls by far...., go there if you can bro, i took a road trip there... man... remember there are other things to consider other than acdemics.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 11:17 am: Edit

What are you interested in majoring in? Do you think you'd be happier at a small school like Redlands or a large school like Arizona State?

Santa Clara probably has the best overall academics and reputation. University of Redlands is a very good small school - not much to do in the area. Chapman and U of Pacific are decent schools but nothing exceptional - both tend to give large merit awards to attract top students. U of Arizona has excellent academics but not much personal attention. Arizona State has a rep as a party school and very little on-campus housing.

By Mexor (Mexor) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit

majoring in computer science. i think id like a medium sized school ...like 5,000 people

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 04:32 pm: Edit

I've heard that Santa Clara has a good computer science program with lots of contacts in Silicon Valley --- check it out thoroughly. Santa Clara is known for its job placement services too.

University of Redlands, which I am pretty familiar with, has a computer science major but is not "known" for that degree. I'd say it's pretty much the same with Chapman. I don't know much about the U of P's computer science program.

However, Arizona State has a very good computer science program with a good reputation among employers on the west coast. I don't know much more than that, however.

By Yourname (Yourname) on Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 12:07 pm: Edit

I'm from the silicon valley and if your looking for computer science, there is no place better than santa clara. The professors visit our school sometimes and they are amazing. The campus is beautiful and it's in the middle of a suburban city only a few miles from San Jose which is known for it's clubs. Also alumni from Santa Clara do have alot of connections in the tech companies and it's not hard to get an intership at apple or IBM. Hope this helps... by the by... UCSD is one of my top choices too... good call

By Toxicity01 (Toxicity01) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

univ. of redlands: gay school
univ. of pacific: loser school
chapman univ.: rich kid school
santa clara univ.: easy school
arizona state univ.: party school
univ. of arizona: never heard of it

By Mexor (Mexor) on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 07:10 pm: Edit

no offense but, toxicity, someone w/a 2.8 gpa and a 1160 sat probably couldn't get into most of these schools anyway. *sigh*

By Uschicka (Uschicka) on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Both Santa Clara and UOP (Univ. of the Pacific) are good schools with good reputations. I live in Stockton, where UOP is, aso I've been surrounded by it my entire life. If it wasn't in my hometown, I might have gone there. It is beautiful, really involved in the town, and has a good academic reputation, especially in pharmacy, business, and music.

Arizona State isn't known for its academics, but if you are looking for a party school, that's a good choice.

By Moonsurfer21 (Moonsurfer21) on Tuesday, January 27, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

SANTA CLARA!! i love that school thats all i have to say!! i'm applying there, and to usd, usf, university colorado among others

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page