What are my chances at these 6 schools for Engineering?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: What are my chances at these 6 schools for Engineering?
By Canitrius (Canitrius) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

Stats:
SAT I 1550 (800 math, 750 verbal)
SAT II: Physics 770 Math IIC 710 Writing 690
GPA: 3.9211 Unweighted (took heaviest courseload possible RANK: 30/343)
Extracurricular: Most involved individual in my school's theatre department, lots of leadership roles, president and founder of A Cappella club, etc. Pretty good...
Essays: Pretty good... not amazing
Where I am applying:
Cornell
Northwestern
Penn State
Schreyer (Honors college at Penn State)
Case Western Reserve University
University of Maryland

I like Cornell the most, but my family can not afford it =( so I would most like to know about the my chances at Schreyer, UMD, and CWRU. I especially would like to know my chances of getting a large sized merit scholarship (22000+) at CWRU. Thanks in advance

By Benjamin (Benjamin) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

Are you sure it's not already too late to be applying to these schools? If its not...

You have a good chance at both Northwestern and Cornell, and I'd say you are pretty much already in at the other three...I'd apply to Cornell and Northwestern and just see how much financial aid you get....

By Canitrius (Canitrius) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:48 pm: Edit

thanks Benjamin, yeah I already applied to all of them a long time ago. I just didnt ask about them til now cause I didnt think of asking anyone my chances =P

Any other opinions would be appreciated...

By Canitrius (Canitrius) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

bump!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page