George Washington Honors Program

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: George Washington Honors Program
By Dabigv12 (Dabigv12) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 03:30 pm: Edit

Does anyone know how competitve it is to get into the GW honors program? I recently applied to GW and checked off the honors program option (it didnt need any additional supplements and if you dont get into honors you can still get into the regular school). Give me some insight as to the difficulty in getting in.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:11 pm: Edit

Um, GWU honors DOES require a supplement. In fact, I believe there's an extra essay and another teacher rec form that takes the place of one of the regular teacher rec forms.

By Njgrl (Njgrl) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Yes, there is an extra essay and another teacher's rec form. Also depends on which honors program you're applying for. A GW representative said that they usually admit 25% of the applicants to the honors program. Details on the qualifications of the avg. candidate is online. And just a sidenote, they review your app before considering you for the honors program.

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

And if u didn't include any supplement, they'll probably just consider u for the regular admission anyway

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page