Chances at H/Y/P/S for a transfer

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances at H/Y/P/S for a transfer
By Shahab (Shahab) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:54 am: Edit

Hi I am a college student at a mid sized college in NJ, looking to transfer to a better school (im looking at Harvard, Upenn (Wharton) NYU (Sterns), Yale, U Chicago, Stanford, Princeton *if they take transfers this year, which i hope they do*, Columbia, and Babsons)

Stats from high school

SAT 1550 (790 M, 760 V)

GPA- REAL bad.. lets just say I don't remember most of high school :D... probably in the bottom 1/4 of high school.

Honors- Was one of the best high school chess players in the state, undefeated at the shore championships, led team to a 2nd place finish freshman and senior year
and...um...National Merit something :-/

Ok now to the college part (btw im a sophomore right now)

GPA cumulative 3.83 (3.78 Freshman 1st semester,3.78 Fresh 2nd semester, 3.93 Soph 1st semester)

Courses Taken Freshman Year

Intro to Psych-A
Calc 1 A
Calc 2 A-
Advanced Physics w/Calculus (and lab)-2 semesters) A/A lab(A/A)
English 1 B (evil evil teacher)
English 2 A
Microecon B+

Courses Taken Sophomore Year

Calc 3 A-
Management and Marketing A
Financial Accounting A
Biology w/Lab A (A)

This year, founded the Management and Marketing Association, Managing Editor of the School Poetry Compilation, Active member of the Student Government Association, and member of the International Club.

Also counting on excellent reccomendations from my teachers (management and biology). I'm aiming to be a finance/premed double major with a minor in math..

BTW i took a year off in between freshman and sophomore year in order to take care of my mom/financial problems...

So let me know what you think!

By Joe3000t3 (Joe3000t3) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

any sat2's?

By Shahab (Shahab) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

nope from what i understand it doesn't matter what your sat 2's are 2 years into college...

By Mzhang23 (Mzhang23) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Princeton doesn't take transfers.

By Kiwinuts (Kiwinuts) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 12:51 am: Edit

harvard is impossible, and so is stanford...unless you won the pulitzer prize, for example.

By Shahab (Shahab) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 04:11 am: Edit

bippity boppity BUMP

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page