LeBron James could go to any college he wants

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: LeBron James could go to any college he wants
By swugglug on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:50 pm: Edit

even an Ivy. If he had a 2.5 and a 830 SAT score. Though I think he is entering the draft, and become a millionaire and skip school..oh some people get all the breaks.

By Vizious (Vizious) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 08:34 pm: Edit

LOL why should he go to college? Even if he turns out to be a bad NBA player, he can sit on a bench and make a MINIMUM of 600k a year. he might take a few years to develop. I mean he plays in high school, very few players are near his level. But in the NBA, every player will be near his level, but LeBron is still very talented. I'd say he'd average between 20-25 pts a game and 6-8 assists per game in his rookie season. He won't nearly put up MVP numbers or All-NBA numbers because he will have to get used to playing with better talent around him, but he'll be a good player, a team leader, and the best rookie in a while....in a few years he can definitely reign....

And I really wonder who's gonna get him. I live in LA, and the way the Lakers are playing this season, I can imagine a Shaq, Kobe, LeBron starting lineup next November LOL....nah, some wack team like Cleveland or Memphis will get him.

By dameon86 on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Sebastian Telfair goes to my school and he's supposedly #2 in the nation next to Lebron James. He gets a lotta hype since his cousin is Stephan Marberry and the both went to the same high school. He cuts like every class and passes with bare 65s but he still has a chance to any school in the country with his basketball record. I doubt he's going to an ivy league since he predicted to go straight to the pros after he graduates in 2004.

By swugglug on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:57 pm: Edit

can..you say the Chicago Bulls..a line up of Tyson Chandlenr..LebRon James..and Jay Williams..would be killer.

By no one on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 10:01 pm: Edit

I'm glad we have our priorities straight.
I'm sure he'll contribute a lot to this society.

Sports are meant to be played not watched.

By your local mayor on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 11:14 pm: Edit

IVY LEAGUE=CRAPPY SPORTS PERIOD.

Why the heck would Sebastian Telfair or Lebron James want to go to an Ivy when the NBA is ahead for them? money ya'll.

By dameon86 on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:38 am: Edit

that's true

By Me on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 01:47 am: Edit

LeBron James will be dominated in the NBA. He's not big enough to go inside on people like Shag or Yao-Ming. He's going to end up being washed up by the time he's 21. He's no Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett, he just doesn't have the size.

By swuglugg on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:39 am: Edit

LeBron James is fast enough to play point guard.. and he is 6'9 and well over 200lbs..Lebron is being compared to Tracy McGrady..who is the best hooper since Jordan. I know being compared to someone, like T-Mac and Kobe is going to be tough on him. He will be an all-star at the worst..and at his peak He'll contend for an MVP award..

By sondogg on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:59 pm: Edit

he's good, he plays against pros at jordan's private basketball camps during the summer and holds his own, that takes skills at 17 or whatever age he is, as for the subject of going to an Ivy, part of the reason you go there is that you have intellectual curiosity: in other words, a niche that you need more education to fulfill. LeBron James' niche is basketball, and going to the Pros is like going to harvard for a person interested in politics, by going to an Ivy, he would be selling himself short.

By Vizious (Vizious) on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 07:40 pm: Edit

LOL Kobe is shorter than LeBron....hm, I'd think LeBron is a lot like Magic was, he's 6'9", and is able to pass. I heard that LeBron's outside shooting isnt that great, but he's atheletic and a really good passer...Even if he doesnt pan out to be the next Magic or the next Jordan, he will be a hella good point guard and very valuable to teams because of his passing abilities cuz he could see over almost every other PG in the league. Even if he averaged 15pts a game 8-10 assists a game his rookie season it would be excellent.

By Mu$$olini on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 11:29 pm: Edit

"Sportsmen" do not rule society. Instead, intellectual, political, and economic elites do. So let us forget the ballers who might be stars now. Life will forget them once they're 40.

By Vizious (Vizious) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 03:05 am: Edit

Well, more people remember the best athletes more than they do the best politicians, intellectuals, or businessmen.

By sondogg on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 01:28 pm: Edit

i think that vizious might be wrong, only the BEST OF THE BEST athletes get known but even slightly above average politicians can be well known

By Liz (Liz) on Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Does it matter whether he's well known? He probably wouldn't be playing basketball unless he enjoyed it, and if he's lucky enough to get paid for doing something he enjoys, then more power to him. College isn't for everyone, and neither is the NBA :)

By dameon86 on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:51 am: Edit

Still LeBrown's guaranteed at least 100k a year right after he comes outta high school, which is a lot more than some doctors, lawyers, and politicians make after law/med/and grad. school. He already has a 29 point per game average. After a couple of years he'll make 6 million make all star in no time. Only thing he has to work on is his free throws and his defense.

By your local mayor on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 02:05 am: Edit

LOL he'll get a heck of a lot more than just 100k per year!!! have you heard of Kevin Garnett? Kobe Bryant? Tracy McGrady? they made MILLIONS during their first year! What he needs to do is go to NORTH CAROLINA!

By swuglugg on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 11:53 am: Edit

Why even risk an injury, by going to college?

By Vizious (Vizious) on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:22 pm: Edit

almost every High Schooler sat on the bench in their first year in the NBA....some got mediocre/decent playing time (Garnett/Kobe), but others(McGrady) got barely any...

By your local mayor on Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 02:33 pm: Edit

and look at them now....

By Austin_Powers (Austin_Powers) on Monday, February 24, 2003 - 08:52 pm: Edit

By the way, LeBron James is on the Honor Roll and has above a 3.5 unweighted, or at least ESPN says so.

By Vizious (Vizious) on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

yea Lebron is a pretty good student for being the most famous high school athlete in the world....

I read that Kobe got a 1080 on his SAT and can speak French and Italian...not bad

By Justwannahelp (Justwannahelp) on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 02:12 am: Edit

i heard lebron james took the act's just out of curiousity (there's not a chance in hell that he'll go to college.) i wonder what he got.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page