Chance??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chance??
By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

Hi I wondering if i have a chance for columbia(applied RD)
GPA:4.53
SAT:1460
SATII's:710(avg)
URM:African-American
A lot of music ec's and work experience and clubs etc etc...
I think my essay was ok
My friend has a good GPA but he got some C's his sophomore yr but he did well junior. His weighted GPA is a 4.47 but his unweighted is like a 3.71 he is a URM as well his sat scores are a 1410 well i would really appreciate a response from someone thanks a lot.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

bump

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:12 pm: Edit

yeah u do

By Daggerlee (Daggerlee) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

you both have good chances

By Infinity (Infinity) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:49 pm: Edit

I am a junior and looking to see if anyone can help me out. The following are my specs as of now and I would greatly appreciate any input:
PSAT:72M,58V,58V
SAT I:740M,650V=>1390 comb
Courses:
AP Chem
PreAP calc
the rest all honors
GPA:3.67 uw, 3.97 weighted
our school has no rank, NJ

Sports:
-2 year Varsity Tennis, will continue playing all four years
-3 year Marching Band

EC:
-JSA member (debate club)
-Technology Studen Association member
-All years top concert music group, all years Jazz Band. (these are not including marching band)
-200+ volunteering hours at Princeton Medical Center
-plan to go to India and do volunteer work
-plan to take SAT I again and 3 SAT IIs (math IIc, chem writing)
Awards-won an essay contest
Just wondering what my numbers in the remaining SATs/ECs should look like and if a 4 on AP chem is good enough for:
Reach: Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia Fu College
Middle:Michigan ann arbor, WashU, Georgia Tech, Purdue
Safety: Rutgers, Missouri Rolla, Clemson,
Plz post any information that can help me to set attainable goals.

By Cruella (Cruella) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:59 pm: Edit

Infinity dahling, I would put Wash U as a reach, but I would put Purdue as a match/safety.

Why Missouri-Rolla? I would shoot for Missouri-Columbia, it's a better campus and more highly thought of. It would still be a safety for you.
Ta ta for now, Cruella

By Infinity (Infinity) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

thank a lot...dahling, I am not sure about the competetiveness of some of these schools, so I'll be sure to reasearch more about WashU

By Mafmaf22 (Mafmaf22) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

yeah Washu is pretty damn competitive now.

Caliplaya i think you both have a good chance, you've got a good GPA, scores, ECs, and your a URM, which never hurts. So good luck

By Infinity (Infinity) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Oh I was also wondering if Missouri-Columbia is more highly thought of for engineering because that is my intended major.

By Cruella (Cruella) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

Dahling, you had better get those apps out ASAP! Especially to U of Michigan. It's hard enough to get in there, but even harder in engineering. You are late for that one!

Stop playing with your puppy, send it to me, I promise to take good care of it -it is a cold winter after all and a girl has to be fashionable and warm. I do so adore puppies.

Missouri-Columbia has engineeering.

Go take a look at Wash U...they are highly competative, you have to apply NOW!

Get to work!
Ta ta for now, Cruella

By Infinity (Infinity) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Cruella I am a junior! I hope u think i am a senior. What is that bit about the puppy in the middle about lol? Do you work at a kennel?

By Cruella (Cruella) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Dahling, I did not know you are a junior, you can go back to playing then!

As for the puppy, I figured since I was helping you, you could help me. I do so love spotted puppies. They make mahvelous coats. ;) Perhaps you haven't heard of me? Impossible! I just wanted to see if you had a spare puppy running around your house. We fashion mavens like to look as lovey as possible.

Ta ta for now, Cruella

By Infinity (Infinity) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

lol I should have made that connection cruella!Of course I have heard of you ;) thanks again

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

Um you kinda stole my post infinity so...... uh if you could find your own that would be nice now can people look at what I wrote thanks.

By Cruella (Cruella) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:18 pm: Edit

I am sorry Caliplaya dahling, I should have answered you first. You will most likely get in Columbia. Your URM status helps, but I think you can in get in regardless of your ethnic backround.

You have very good stats. Good luck in your applications!

Ta ta for now, Cruella

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

LOL it's ok Cruella..... thanks for the encouragement i appreciate it. What schools did you apply to and what are your stats?

By Cruella (Cruella) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

Dahling, I am a mom. My son has applied to several schools. U of Michigan and Miami of Ohio haven't responded yet. I hope they send something soon.

He's been accepted at Michigan State (a total safety and he won't go, but it was a fall back in case he was totally desperate), Loyola in Chicago, Purdue and U of Missouri-Columbia. He just got a letter on Thursday and was accepted into the Journalism school at Missouri. I was disappointed when he got his inital acceptance letter from Missouri because it was only to the university. It was pretty cool to get that letter from the J school a few days ago. That changed his plans a lot.

He's going to have a tough decision if Mich accepts him. It'll be between U of Mich and Missouri.

Personally I would like for him to go to Michigan so we can go to a few games, but it'll be his decision.

He's been heavily recruited by Grinnell, Wash U and HYP. It's tempting to apply but he knows he wants Mich or Missouri.

All you kids will have some hard decisions to make. I wish you all the best of luck.

Ta ta for now, Cruella

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:56 am: Edit

O well I hope your son gets into his school of choice.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:43 pm: Edit

bump! and can we have some comments on my buddy too thanks.

By Lhm501 (Lhm501) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Infinity, this is the 3rd or 4th thread that you have hijacked. Start your own thread instead of hijacking others' threads. Just a friendly reminder.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 05:44 pm: Edit

BUMP!

By Infinity (Infinity) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 06:55 pm: Edit

I apologize I am a new memember sorry for the inconvnience.

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Tuesday, January 13, 2004 - 11:33 pm: Edit

bump

By Caliplaya03 (Caliplaya03) on Monday, January 19, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

bump

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page