Will i get in?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Will i get in?
By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 12:58 am: Edit

Stats:
SAT I 1360
SAT II 700 Lit, 700 Math IC, 660 Writing
Gpa 3.5 (i have had above a 3.6 since sophmore year, I just did bad freshmen year, 3.1 freshmen, 3.6 sophmore, 3.7 junior, 3.6 or 3.7 senior)
Taken some honors and ap physics, go to a very competitive private school
vice president of my class, lots of music and theatre activities, essays are allright not spectecular, hopefully pretty good teacher recs
Where I am applying
Cornell (dad went there for medical school)
Princetion (dad and sis went there undergraduate)
Northwestern
Connecticut College
Skidmore
University of Wisconsin
University of Washington
Lawrence University
Where do you think i will get in?

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 03:38 am: Edit

:( pleeze

By Charisma_04 (Charisma_04) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:02 am: Edit

If you live in Washington, then you have a pretty good chance of getting into U of W. Actually, check the admissions index on the school's website, you may be qualified for automatic addmissions. You may want to consider some colleges in California also, although they are pretty compettitive, freshman year is not counted in your cummulative gpa. I hope this helps!

By Charisma_04 (Charisma_04) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:05 am: Edit

Please, if you have time comment on post on my chances at CWU!

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:10 am: Edit

thanks

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 04:11 am: Edit

oh and no i dont live in washington...where is ur post?

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 01:40 pm: Edit

anyone :)

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

bump

By Myoryu (Myoryu) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:19 pm: Edit

I think you have a good chance in Princeton - legacy matters greatly in Princeton admission. A girl with 1350 SAT I, pretty good EC, recs, essays, and legacy who got into Princeton E.D. Except Cornell and Northwestern, i think you'll get into all of them.

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:45 pm: Edit

I want your SAT-II scores, haha.

I think you should be fine but your GPA is kinda iffy. Not to discourage you as its an upward trend -- I do not see how it could be bad.

For the Ivies I know they definately look a lot on courseload, GPA, and SAT scores a lot, so being a very competitive private school they may wonder why you havent taken AP classes. I think you have a really good shot at Princeton over Cornell though just because of legacy. But I may be wrong.

My guess is the same as Myoryu, but Cornell Princeton and Northwestern aren't definate no's. I'm just going from what I know.

Here's mine: http://www.prstats.com/display.php?user=freak4korn72

[crosses fingers] Hopefull for the Cornell applicants.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

What if he had the same stats cept a 3.7 GPA and 6 more APs?

Would he have a better shot at Cornell?

(PS cause thats kinda like my stats)

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

I would think so. I know that they rely heavily on GPA and the types of classes taken, as well as SAT/SATII/ACT scores. If the school offers so many APs, they may wonder why they have not been taken. Or a good number for the most part.

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

yeah i see what u guys are saying....actually i have been really challenged and i have never slacked off i just have not really had the chance to take many aps....im not at a high enuf level of math to take an ap math (im in adv pre calc) i quit french this year (I made it to level IV, but i did not want to take V cause it was ap and im not stellar at french), and actually the one ap cource i am taking i hate! hahah...but yeah i have worried about my lack of aps, it's just that all classes at my school take a TON of work....good luck to the rest of u! Fiza and Freak u guys have really good shots at cornell...better than me! oh and also will my father's legacy make a difference although it was not undergraduate...they sent me a letter about legacy kids so i assume they count me as a legacy

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 11:47 pm: Edit

My SAT-II scores are killer, haha.

I think your legacy is definately going to help. But if you dont/cant meet the prerequisites to take some of the AP, or if there is anything that you want them to know that you couldnt put on the app, have your counselor call the admissions office up to talk to an adcom member. Thats what I did.

I checked our school report to see what all is on it, and basically all it had were our school averages and the APs offered. So I had her call the admissions officer for midwest up in Engineering and talk to him about SAT/ACT how we have such little prep, no prep for SATII, etc. I was going to see if she could tell him the average AP Calc score for us was a 2 (people got 3s or 1s, nothing else). Various topics like that in which would not be mentioned in a score report, and cant be mentioned on an app, but might benefit you. If you know of anything, by all means have your counselor call them up ASAP (if its just the regular admissions office im sure they could get the number to the correct college).

Just trying to help. I did everything humanely possible to benefit and gain knowledge on campus, now I have fallen in love with it, haha. I have subscribed to every mailing possible, visited campus, talked to an admissions officer, asked questions, emailed professors (although only once), sent a suplemental form in with my app, have 4 recommendations, etc.

Let me know come April 1st.

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:44 am: Edit

good luck! I really hope u get in!

By Freak4korn72 (Freak4korn72) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:51 am: Edit

You too, I think you should be fine for admission though to most if not all of your schools. I dont see why not.

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Sunday, January 11, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

bump

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 01:41 am: Edit

bump

By Boatboat (Boatboat) on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

bump

By Charisma_04 (Charisma_04) on Tuesday, January 20, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

boatboat: My post is in "Chances" Do i have a chance at Central Washington University?
Thank you!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page