Wellesley -- Any chance?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Wellesley -- Any chance?
By Slayer (Slayer) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

QUESTION: I know this is a little last minute (the deadline is January 15th) and I'm afraid it's too late for me to schedule an interview. Here are my stats: Do you think there's any shot for me to get into Wellesley?

I have a 4.0 (unweighted) GPA and a 4.677 weighted GPA. My school doesn't offer many AP's, but I've had AP Statistics my Jr Year (i got a 5 on the exam), and this year I'm in AP English, AP Calculus, and AP Government. I've taken all the classes my school has to offer as far as Honors and upper-level courses.

On my SAT I I got a 1350 (700 M, 650 Verbal). My SAT IIs I have 730 writing, 700 math, and a 620 literature.

As far as EC's, I've lettered in 3 varsity sports. I did Swimming (and regionals and stuff) 10th and 11th grade, XC 10th, and track 9th.

I'm President of the National Honor Society, Vice President of French Club, and have been Class Secretary 9th, 10th, 11th grade, and now (12th) I am student body secretary. I am also Director/Producer of my school's Broadcast Journalism/Film program. I've volunteered with KIDS VOTING for 4 years and this year I was my school's Precinct Captain.

I've volunteered at my church in Nursery for four years, and i've also volunteered a little with Habitat for Humanity. This past summer I spent 3.5 weeks in canada as a volunteer for a Christian camp (owned by Younglife) I've also volunteered in georgia with the organization, totalling over 300 hours.

I've earned the Excellency in French Award as well as three years as an NCHSAA scholar athlete (just a little award you get for having a certain GPA and being on a varsity team)

I work at the local YMCA and have since last May (about 8 months). This summer I also worked 30+ hours a week at a local pool lifeguarding. I've also had a job as an ice cream girl (just summer job).

Let me know what yall think!!! :) thanks so much I appreciate it

By Slayer (Slayer) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

*bump*
:)
anyone have any thoughts?

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 02:54 am: Edit

People whose stats are not as good as yours have gotten in.

By Slayer (Slayer) on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

anyone else have thoughts?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page