Cornell transfer...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Cornell transfer...
By Anynameyoulike (Anynameyoulike) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:23 pm: Edit

OK, so I finished their one essay on a "personal motto". I think it was pretty good. They also want an optional essay. I was thinking about writing on something that explains why I had less than stellar grades in highschool and why my GPA went up from 2.7 in HS to 3.9 in College. The essay I was considering would center on how learning the fundamentals of Buddhism helped me focus more than I ever had before.

Also, I am going to apply as a philosophy major. I am torn between majoring in Philosophy or psychology. Do you think philosophy majors have a better chance of getting in? Or is that all irrelevant.

One more thing...on the essay section of the online application there is a section for "any additional information." Do you think this is where I should include my resume, including volunteer experiences, extracurric., work, internships...etc?

Thanks for any guidance you collegiate types can give me.

By Varr (Varr) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

maybe since psychology major is more popular.

By Varr (Varr) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

good luck!

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

do NOT write about your GPA. That is one of the worst things you can write about because it comes off as very one-dimensional.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page