800 IIC... good enough?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2003 Archive: 800 IIC... good enough?
By Brandon Land on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 02:07 am: Edit

Ummm... hello earthlings, my name is Brandon Land. I'm currently in the process of applying to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, Johns Hopkins, Caltech, Brown, Dartmouth, Stanford, Duke, Cornell, Oxford, and Columbia. I might consider UPenn as a backup.

Anyways, I recieved an 800 on the math IIC test. (confident I went 50/50) Is that enough to prove my math skills to the admissions committees, or should I consider taking math IC as well? (positive I can get an 800) I got 800s on bio-m, bio-e, chemistry, and physics if that helps.

Also, will a 144 on the AMC-12 hurt my chances?

I've taken what's equivalent to five college semesters of calculus every year since 7th grade. If I created a Calculus YZ test, took it, and scored a 5 on it, would that increase my chances?

Responses from potential white collar workers are appreciated, but I will discard any advice extended from future blue collar workers or others who scored under 1500 on their SATs.

By Brandon Land on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 02:25 am: Edit

I also recieved the 6th derivative of (20/9)x^6 on my SAT.

By Mommy on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 02:27 am: Edit

Brandon, if I were you I'd cross off JHU from your list of potential colleges. I say that because Princeton Review ranked them as being "unaccepting of alternative lifestyles." In other words, they aren't as open minded about someone with your....well someone who plays on your team. Try Berkeley.

By cranberrie on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 03:04 am: Edit

Hmmm i got the stinking suspicion that the 144 will definately hurt you. Colleges have tons of applicants. You're rather cocky and self-absorbed.
I doubt the Math IC will help. Granted, an 800 falls in the 99th percentile but many more people take the IC.

By Microcephalic (Microcephalic) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 06:25 am: Edit

You're too naive for an Ivy League institution. If my ability to recall information is serving me in a proper manner, I could swear that such prestigeous facilities were designed for open-ended minds capable of expanding and adapting. We don't need another medicore student such as yourself who feels a superiority complex from mere statistical achievements. I'm not referring to your (unstated) list of E.C's, or your other academic records, but your poorly depicted view on intellect based upon standardized testing scores. You'd think that a person with your ability to calculate mathematical principles would know better...

Be thankful for your 'superior' statistical achievements, as they are all you possess that declares you to be of any value in the world.

Being naive is half the battle in the war of stupidity.

By ui on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 06:38 am: Edit

Responses from potential white collar workers are appreciated, but I will discard any advice extended from future blue collar workers or others who scored under 1500 on their SATs.

ughh! shut up & stay at home!

By me on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 09:43 am: Edit

you guys are naive, this is obviously a joke:

"If I created a Calculus YZ test, took it, and scored a 5 on it, would that increase my chances?"

Please, this guy is full of crap.

By myself on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Microcephalic just conquered "dumb". He's planning on assailing "moronic" in the near future.

By jz on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 01:10 pm: Edit

sounds like a joke to me ppl...

By Haiyaa (Haiyaa) on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:42 pm: Edit

Why do I have a feeling this is just someone posing as Brandon Land? :\

By hi on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 07:51 pm: Edit

GOD SOME PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB. How stupid do you have to be to take this post seriously?

"Hmmm i got the stinking suspicion that the 144 will definately hurt you. Colleges have tons of applicants. You're rather cocky and self-absorbed.
I doubt the Math IC will help. Granted, an 800 falls in the 99th percentile but many more people take the IC."

ROFL, not only did you take him seriously, but you were ridiculously wrong about the AMC score. an amc of 144 is very, very good.
i can't believe that there are such stupid people in this world that can't tell truth from blatant lies.

By a on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Hey, don't spoil the fun!

Let idiots be idiots, I say.

By ghjsfgh on Thursday, January 09, 2003 - 08:05 pm: Edit

hi..I think its ironic that ROFl was also joking and you took him seriously!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page