AVG SAT-I and SAT-II scores for TOP 30 LACs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: AVG SAT-I and SAT-II scores for TOP 30 LACs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Lonelygal (Lonelygal) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 03:22 am: Edit

What are the average SATI and more importantly AVG SAT_II scores for top 30 LACs?

Williams
amherst
Bowdoin
Bates
Oberlin
Vassar
Carleton
Colby
etc
etc

By Eternity316 (Eternity316) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 03:24 am: Edit

bump
bump
bump

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 06:47 am: Edit

1490 SAT1 and 663 average SAT2s

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 07:51 am: Edit

no it isnt...what are you talking about? 1490 SAT I average???

By Spiffybrownboy (Spiffybrownboy) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 11:58 am: Edit

lol... even amherst/swarthmore/williams don't have SAT averages near that.

I don't get the original question though... one average score for all the top 25 schools? That would be silly. I'm guessing you mean average scores by each individual school. That info is pretty easy to find... go to each school's website and look at their admitted class profile. I have no idea about SAT II's... since there are so many, most (or all) schools don't report any average... it varies quite a bit anyways so an average would not be accurate.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:07 pm: Edit

You can get the average and intequartile SAT scores out of PR's THE BEST 351 COLLEGES. For the class entering in 2003, Amherst's scores were 660-770 Verbal (710 average) and 650-770 Math (707 average).

I've seen relatively few schools publish any data on the SAT II's.

By Maiby (Maiby) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 01:19 pm: Edit

Chances at Bates, Bowdoin or Colby (regular admission)... Male from small Massachusetts high school (800 Math, 620 Verbal) 3.8 GPA unweighted, 5.45 weighted. Captain of Cross Country and Spring Track and on Varsity Winter track, RPI Medal winner (Science and Math), Eagle Scout, other organizations in school, church. Other schools applied to are Williams and Dartmouth (REACHES !), UVM and UNH(Already accepted )
THanks.

By Sopranosmom (Sopranosmom) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:07 pm: Edit

Maiby -- I can't comment on the other schools you mentioned but I know a bit about Williams. If you haven't done so already, you need to talk to the cross country/track coaches there ASAP - if you want to continue these sports. My son grad'd from Williams and was an athlete -- had very similar stats to yours. He contacted the coach and ended up applying ED and got in. There are definitely athletic tips at all the schools to which you've applied but you have to contact the appropriate coaches and express your interest (and your academic/athletic stats). Hope this helps some!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page