Is everyone filling/done with FAFSA?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Is everyone filling/done with FAFSA?
By Xdtish (Xdtish) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Is anyone doing his/her FAFSA/CSS now?

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

I'm glad i don't have to deal with any of that. Applying was enough work..

By Xdtish (Xdtish) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 09:45 pm: Edit

why don't you have to deal with it? You're done already?!

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 09:57 pm: Edit

I am not applying for financial aid

By Xdtish (Xdtish) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

You must be rich then.

By Joe3000t3 (Joe3000t3) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

doing fafsa/css its quite time-consuming.

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

you are correct sir.

By Fri3ndlyfire (Fri3ndlyfire) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

rich people have lots of money

By Amnestykid (Amnestykid) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:29 pm: Edit

i'm doing mine this weekend. doing yours via the web?

By Jadesark (Jadesark) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

I wish I were rich. :( I'm doing them both also.

By Kidkoss707 (Kidkoss707) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

oh shoot I forgot about fafsa! when are they due? I really need it.

By Amnestykid (Amnestykid) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 01:12 am: Edit

depends...usually around the end of Feb./start of March. I had to submit my CSS late last year for consideration in my early application.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

I'm doing it and I'd rather have a root canal. It's a lot more complicated when you have business stuff instead of just salary income. To make it worse, I think for us it's an exercise in futility.

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

I just had a root canal about a month ago. They do not hurt at all. I had it done, took 1 motrin, and went to school. That was the end of it... Until i had to get a crown. If you are afraid of a root canal you are a pussy.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:12 am: Edit

I had a root canal (emergency...hahaha) too, except mine had to be done in *3* visits because part of the tooth got completely broken off (long story), so they had to drill it or whatever, put in a temporary filling, remove that, put in a real filling, and then something else that I can't recall (this was sophomore year), but it didn't hurt too much. I had loads of novacaine (it takes me around 3 shots for some reason), and later it only hurt for a day or two. Not that root canals are particularly fun or anything (they take so long, I hate sitting in the chair and waiting so long), but they're less bad then getting teeth pulled. Luckily, I'm not responsible for the finaid forms, but since my mother hates dental visits, I think she'd prefer the FAFSA/ CSS to a root canal. (Although, we don't have the business portion to worry about-just basic salary stuff, which isn't as complicated/tedious)

By May_1 (May_1) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:57 am: Edit

What are these "pah-renz" you speak of? Ooooh, you mean those peculiar creatures that provide the necessary funds when requested and the income tax forms when completed.

Unfortunately, mom's not too (read: at all) computer savvy, so I get to traverse the quagmire that is financial aid alone. Oh joy.

Fortunately, I did the FAFSA as practice last year, so I'll be re-entering much of the info from then. But still, my head hurts thinking about it.

By M1chaelmichael (M1chaelmichael) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 03:30 am: Edit

I just requested my PIN and waiting for that to start FAFSA...

BLAH CSS Profile and their rediculous fees

My parents don't speak English so I'll be doing it myself

By Xdtish (Xdtish) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:19 pm: Edit

I just submitted my today. What a pain in the ass! Toke me 1 whole week to organize and finish everything.

What's the ave. EFC for private colleges? I know that depends on your income and the school, but I'm kinda worried here. I just got my preliminary EFC after submitting FAFSA and it was rougly 16,800 ish/yr. Is that high or jut ave. for private?

By Satsuki (Satsuki) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

I submitted my FAFSA on January 1st. The application itself only took me about 2 hours or so.

Still have CSS Profile to do though...

By Bart_Simpson22 (Bart_Simpson22) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 08:54 pm: Edit

Do you need to use 2003 taxes for FAFSA?

By Shadow67 (Shadow67) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

wait..I am getting confused....for CSS, u gotta register for the application and then apply right? u can't do it all at once right?

By Itempest (Itempest) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 10:46 pm: Edit

I finished the CSS for my EA school. Now need to do the FAFSA...will begin soon...still cooling off from the apps.

Shadow: if you do it online, you can both register and finish the CSS in one sitting. Might take you a while, though, so be ready with all your's (or your parents') tax returns and stuff...

By Amnestykid (Amnestykid) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 08:22 am: Edit

Yeah like I said earlier, I'll be doing my FAFSA online tomorrow. It helped having downloaded the example from the site and getting things together earlier. Also not having my tax stuff to submit helps as well. I think you do need to submit 2003 tax info if 2004 info is unavailable. Check with the site.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page