Desperate Spanish Help...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Desperate Spanish Help...
By Moonsurfer21 (Moonsurfer21) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Can anyone tell me what Spanish 3 is like at your high school?..if you have a spanish 3 and have taken it. i start the new semester tomorrow and am really worried cause i forget like all my spanish knowledge lol since i havent taken it for so long. can someone just tell me what this course is like? any info would be amazing!! thanks!

By Sportula (Sportula) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 07:00 pm: Edit

Spanish Three at my school is when you learn almost all of Spanish grammar. I did it on my own out of my school's textbooks over the summer and it wasn't bad at all. Plus, the first few chapters are review of Spanish I and II anyway. I wouldn't worry about. I'm sure you'll have no problems getting back into the swing of things :)

By Moonsurfer21 (Moonsurfer21) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 07:05 pm: Edit

thanks so much for the help, i dont know why i was freaking out..i'll just see how it goes, anyone else have a comment?

By Moonsurfer21 (Moonsurfer21) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 07:32 pm: Edit

bump

By Crnchycereal (Crnchycereal) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

At my school, if I recall correctly (sophomore year), Spanish III was for the most part a huge volume of vocabulary to wade through and an introduction to some of the more advanced grammatical rules (i.e. subjunctive, certain commands). Spanish IV is where we went really hardcore on grammar and speaking.

By Celebrian23 (Celebrian23) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

what spanish 3 book do you use?

By Moonsurfer21 (Moonsurfer21) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 07:14 pm: Edit

hi thanks for the help, i use en espanol 3

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Spanish III was teh sux. I got straight B's on the 94-100 scale. It really is the one where you learn a bunch of new stuff. I took it freshman year and struggled a bit. We learned a few new tenses (like 3), and wrote some essays, did some impromptu speaking on basic things, oh yeah and crap loads of hw every night (how many different ways can they get you to conjugate a few new freakin verbs?). It's not that bad though. I'm in AP spanish now btw and spanish 3 is cake compared to the AP test.

By Fiza (Fiza) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 08:53 pm: Edit

Spanish III at my school was 100 times HARDER than Spanish IV and prolly has the same difficulty and LESS work than AP spanish. But that may be my school

By Vsage3 (Vsage3) on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 12:52 am: Edit

yeah spanish IV was easy at my school too. AP spanish is harder for me because of the whole speaking thing. It wasn't like memorize some bs ahead of time its here's some questions you've never seen now talk for 2 minutes

By Duncan79 (Duncan79) on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

spanish 3 was hard for me, but that's because i switched schools from sophomore to junior year, to a harder spanish program. but i did get a B.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page