On a scale from one to ten

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: On a scale from one to ten
By Bobbyh (Bobbyh) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:49 pm: Edit

how much do senior grades count?
so far i have 5As and one B. is that good or bad(is the B gonna hurt)?

By G2go1818 (G2go1818) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

First semester senior year i imagine is very important. Second semester will not matter much.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:28 pm: Edit

If you have applied to schools RA that do not make decisions until they get 1st semester senior grades from you, that first semester counts very much. If you have applied to schools EA, ED, or rolling admissions, where most the decisions have already been made, those grades will not count except (a) admissions decisions can be withdrawn if you really blow it and (b) if they are good and scholarship decisions are not made until later January or February, you should submit them for those decisions. Five A's and one B is generally considered very good (assuming those are grades in college prep courses -- English, math, science, social studies, or language -- and not in courses that do not count with colleges like PE, health, drivers ed, typing, etc.) although perhaps average for places like MIT, Caltech, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page