Quinnipiac University

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Quinnipiac University
By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:36 am: Edit

Does anybody know anything about this school? I s it a good one or a bad one?

By Fallentear04 (Fallentear04) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Yes. My APES teacher lives down the street from it.

One of my friends applied to both UConn and Quinnipiac - I mention this only because I recognize you from the other thread. Whenever she gets back online (or calls me later) I'll ask her what she likes about it.

By Fallentear04 (Fallentear04) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

okay. My friend says that fewer people apply to Quinnipiac because it's less well-known than UConn but she thinks it's probably similarly difficult to get into, princetonreview disagrees and says UConn is a bit more selective.

She likes the physician's assistant program there, that was the main reason she applied.

Any place in CT is nice because generally you're near Boston or NYC so it's great for day-trips. Hamden itself is nice. Not ritzy, which means affordable.

But yeah, decent. If I didn't have a dire need to get out of state, I probably would have applied to Quinnipiac over UConn or the Connecticut State schools.

By Sooky6 (Sooky6) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 09:51 am: Edit

QU is really well known for occupational and physical therapy. Their programs are near top in the field.

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:50 am: Edit

On the collegeboard website it says that Quinnipiac accepts 70% of its applicants, while UCONN accepts 62%. This is kind of similar, but Quinnipiac is not as selective as UCONN right?

By Libsters (Libsters) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Quinnipiac is less selective than UConn

By Llgg (Llgg) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

I recently got accepted to Quinnipiac University. I visited the campus and it is beautiful. It is not that well known however I would consider applying here. This school pays for your fifth year education program which saves you alot of money....The dorms are big bugt 4 people share a room freshman year...thought that was different

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 07:42 am: Edit

Ugg- what were your stats

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page