I have succumbed...what are my chances?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: I have succumbed...what are my chances?
By Elgorila (Elgorila) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:41 pm: Edit

http://www.prstats.com/display.php?user=Mario

My school list on the PR database is not up to date. I was deferred from Princeton ED. What do my chances look like at NYU, CMU, UChicago, Princeton RD, and Cornell? Also, is there anything I can do to improve my chances at this point (I'm working on the GPA)?

By Elgorila (Elgorila) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 08:59 pm: Edit

bump

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

lol Mario... I knew some chinese person named elpizo... lol K I thik you can a chance a NYU, CNU and U of C. Don't know about Princteon and cornell. Oh Yeah, imporve your gpa it is a bit low

By Ilabcurious1423 (Ilabcurious1423) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

I know many people who went to an ivey league school with lower scores than that. Alot of it has to do with your interview. Honestly, if they see something special in you, you have a very good chance. They also like to see someone do something unique. For Example: I know someone who had wonderful grades but in the beginning of highschool got a D in algebra. She retook the class and got a B. They were very impressed that although she had passed, she had decided to retake the class. She thinks that that is one of the main reasons that she got in. Just thought that I would let you know! Also, the colleges do not like it if you try to be to showoffy. Be yourself and don't rub it in their face that you halped at the nursing home or something.

By Elgorila (Elgorila) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:15 pm: Edit

Do the interviews have that much weight? My GC said they have the least importance when compared with the other parts of the application. Thanks for the replies. Anyone else?

By Ilabcurious1423 (Ilabcurious1423) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

Yes, but if they take a liking to you it very much raises your chances of getting in.

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 08:24 pm: Edit

Your GPA isn't really so bad is it, considering you're top 5%? The number doesn't really matter, the rank does.

By Elgorila (Elgorila) on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 04:39 pm: Edit

Voigtrob, even if I go to not great (not bad either, above average) public HS?

We sent about 8/310 to the Ivies last year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page