Chances for International Students to MIT, Stanford, UPenn,

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances for International Students to MIT, Stanford, UPenn,
By Honeysnow (Honeysnow) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Hello. I'm a high school student from Hong Kong, applying schools listed as follows:
MIT, Stanford, UPenn, Chicago, Northwestern and Washington in St louis.

Does anyone know the stats of the admissions rate for international students of these schools?
i heard from a friend that MIT last year got 120 applicants in HOng kong, admitted 5 but 4 of them are US-citizens. ~_~

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:20 am: Edit

"MIT last year got 120 applicants in HOng kong, admitted 5 but 4 of them are US-citizens."

Are you sure? MIT's average admittance rate for international students is about 5%. I would have thought that Hong Kong would be able to get more people in than that.

By Honeysnow (Honeysnow) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 05:48 am: Edit

my friend asked her interviewer and he told her that. i think they should've got official number, right?

what about the other schools?

another news i got, Stanford hasn't admitted any students from local (non-international) schools in Hong Kong for two years..

By Mjl86 (Mjl86) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 06:26 pm: Edit

HoneySnow, do you go to HKIS? If you do, I love that school!!!!

By Honeysnow (Honeysnow) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 09:46 pm: Edit

no, mjl86, i go to a local school. by the way, u live in Hong Kong?

hey anyone out there knowing anymore about that?

By Upandover (Upandover) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 08:41 am: Edit

I'm from Malaysia. Hiya. My friend's cousin got admitted to MIT and he was from Hong Kong.

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 07:38 am: Edit

Hey, Honeysnow...
I'm from HK too. I know it's really hard to get into prestigious school from Hong Kong, especially local students. BTW, what's your stat? I'm from DSC (dya kno it?)

By Binarystar (Binarystar) on Saturday, January 17, 2004 - 09:05 am: Edit

You should try getting national recognition from Olympiads or research projects. Those are HUGE pluses for MIT.

And 7 were admitted from Hong Kong last year. This is according to the MIT website.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page