Chances? Georgetown, JHU, Duke, UPENN, UVA, Davidson, Wake

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Chances? Georgetown, JHU, Duke, UPENN, UVA, Davidson, Wake
By Drewgbury (Drewgbury) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 09:11 pm: Edit

I am applying to the following schools in order of preference:
Georgetown
JHU
Duke
UPENN
UVA
University of Notre Dame
Wake Forest
Davidson
William And Mary
Virginia Tech
James Madison University
Mary Washington College

--as you can see I have a lot of good schools and a lot of safty schools. Here are my accomplishments:

SAT: 1310 (670 Verbal) (640 Math)
GPA: 3.8 at a college preparatory school- 3 in class and top 5%
Extracurriculars: I started three clubs at my school because they didn't really have many clubs to offer. I and the founder and president of Key Club, JSA, and SADD. I am also the elected president of National Honor Society, and I am a member of their steering committee. I am tour guide, a three year member of yearbook and literary magazine, have countless hours of volunteer service, awards from my oil paintings, music (cello), and writing, and attended the georgetown summer program where I received 6 college credits from an A in psychology and B in microeconomics. Sports wise I have been a member of the varsity crew team since my freshman year. I got a third place bronze medal in a national crew regatta where I competed with boats from the United States and Canada. I also wrestled, am on the varsity track team, the varsity swimming team, and the varsity tennis team.

APs: Junior Year: AP Biology, AP English language. I did not take AP US History but i did take the exam and got a 4. I got a 5 in biology and a 3 in english.
Senior Year: AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Government, and AP Comparative Poilitics.
Other Awards: Bausch and Lomb Science Award, Christchurch Community Service Award, numerous Art prizes, and numerous literary poetry contest prizes.

I probably left something out, but you pretty much get the picture. I have decent(?) SAT scores. I really think they could be better but oh'well they're at where they're at. I have really great grades, especially from my school. I take a hard course load and have a great deal of extracurricular activities.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. I really want you to be as honest as possible.

Also: My interview with Georgetown went incredibly good, it really couldn't have gone any better. And I believe my essays were unique and well writen. Especially my JHU one. Thanks for all the comments! Drew.

By Mike2004 (Mike2004) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit

it seems like you are from virginia- just because of the schools you are applying to. if so, i think you should be fine for uva and all the other va schools. also, if you are interested try talking to the coaches at georgetown or any of the schools - may help. i'm a rower from virginia- just curious who do you row for? good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page