Taking the SAT IIs while on Vicodin...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Taking the SAT IIs while on Vicodin...
By Margitte (Margitte) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:18 pm: Edit

... will not necessarily boost your score. I guess that's what happens when one must take a test while extremely sick. Oh well - can I get your opinions?

MY STATS:
SAT 1: 640 verbal, 640 math
SAT 2 lit: 790; writing: 730; math IC: 530
GPA: 3.76
EC: Drama, Drug/Alcohol Awareness Club, National Honor Society, ASB, PTSA, Camp Counselor, Literary & Arts magazine, 200+ hrs community service.
EXTRA: National Hispanic Scholar

I also got a really good recommendation from my English teacher that ranked me in the top 3% of students he has taught in over 15 years of teaching.

I am a female student applying to Princeton, NYU, Barnard, Whitman, UW and USC - what are my chances?

Thanks so much.

By Margitte (Margitte) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:29 pm: Edit

what's this whole "bumping" thing?

By Voigtrob (Voigtrob) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

bump = bring up my post

Princeton is gonna be real tough, as will NYU I think. The others I think you have at least a decent shot if not more. Your SAT Is are a tad weak as are your ECs. Being hispanic will help, though. It's a bit strange to have 640 Verbal, but then 790 lit and 730 writing... have you considered retaking the SAT Is?

By Kingdvl (Kingdvl) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 07:46 pm: Edit

I'm on vicodin...and although it doesn't help my score, it doesn't hurt it.

My scores were (790m, 710 verbal), 800 wr, 780 2c, 700 us

By Margitte (Margitte) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 08:10 pm: Edit

note to voigtrob: I didn't study for any of the SATs, and because of that I scored really poorly on all the analogies. They are most definitely not my forte.

By Margitte (Margitte) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 09:10 pm: Edit

bump

By Marinakitchen (Marinakitchen) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

Margritte! I am the exact same. Analogies suck! ANd what do you know, they're taking them out for 2004-2005! Missed it by a year. And my writing and lit scores are in the 700's. hmmm....

By Wo4567 (Wo4567) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 06:24 pm: Edit

if you are a math person as I am you may want to take the math IIC. I took the IC and was bombarded with stuff from 8th and 9th grade, scored a 660. Took the IIC and got a 700. You may not be taking the right math for you.

By Margitte (Margitte) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 02:50 am: Edit

unfortunately, the deadline for re-taking SAT I and SAT II was up on the 31st so I'm stuck with the scores I got--but hey, I interviewed with a Princeton alum today and that went well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page