Midyear reports

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Midyear reports
By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 03:58 pm: Edit

I know they ask for your gpa thus far in your senior year, but which one do they consider more important; your gpa after 11th grade or the one that you send on your midyear report. I always assumed it was the one that you have after 11th grade because midyear doesn't exactly signify everything. I dont know.What do you think.

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 04:02 pm: Edit

Both are very important. One definite thing to avoid is having marks go down when one is a senior. That's the kiss of death while collleges are considering your application.

By Slayer (Slayer) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

I've been worrying about this as well.
Do you think it will look like my marks are noticably going down (this goes to Vanderbilt) if I have made straight A's and senior year first semester I make a B? what about my class rank? it was 14th and it will now probably drop to 20 something or even 30 something...do you think they'll use my first one?

By Brentlomas (Brentlomas) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

My grades have gotten better and better since frehsman year, starting with like a 3.79 up to a 4.5.

now i have one b, with a 4.33 and i'm also worried b/c i didn't maintain my 4.5

But I can't imagine that hurting too bad... can it?

By Mattman (Mattman) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

One B is not going to get you thrown out, it is reserved for cases like where a straight-A student begins to make Cs or Ds in his classes or a *significant* drop. Making A's in every class every time is an accomplishment, not an expectation.

Slayer, your rank drop should be of some concern, but nothing to freak out about. Brentlomas, you have nothing to be worried about at all.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page