Guidance for a sophomore in hs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: Guidance for a sophomore in hs
By Nikkiblue7 (Nikkiblue7) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Hey everyone! Um, I really need some help. (Thank God I found this website.) Anyway, I am a sophomore at Notre Dame High School. Itís an all-girls, private, Catholic school, but Iím sure you knew that already. And I went to a private, Catholic school from kindergarten to eighth grade.

I need some help on determining whether or not I have a chance at getting accepted to my two dreams colleges Columbia or NYU and then the college my family wants me to go to, Stanford.

What do I need to let you guys know to help you determine this? And after that, could you guys help on telling maybe some classes I should be taking?

Thank you so much for helping me!

--Nicole

By Haruko (Haruko) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 02:22 am: Edit

Your high school career isn't developed enough to determine anything (I'm a sophomore too). You will need to factor in junior year as well and what you do in between during the summers.

What determines acceptance? (Haven't you been reading "What are my chances of getting accepted?") -- SAT scores, GPA, extra curriculars, and much more.

By Nikkiblue7 (Nikkiblue7) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:57 am: Edit

do you think it is more impressive to hold a job over the summer or to take summer school courses over the summer?

By Haruko (Haruko) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:05 am: Edit

It depends..

You should think about what you want out of the summer rather than living your life by admissions to [enter college] because even that isn't guaranteed.

By Nikkiblue7 (Nikkiblue7) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 01:25 am: Edit

i feel so dumb asking this, but okay. if you were considering majoring in english/journalism (disregarding what college you wanted to attend) do you think it would be dumb if you only took creative writing and english honors courses thru-out high school? or should you also be taking journalism as 8th period class?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page