University of Connecticut

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: What Are My Chances?: January 2004 Archive: University of Connecticut
By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Does anybody know what is a safe gpa and sat score to have to get into UCONN? Has anybody gotten accepted there that is on this post?

By Xyz155 (Xyz155) on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

Yeh I got in less than a month ago. I had a 1170/26, 3.9w, mom is alumni but I am from PA. Did a ton of sports and NHS.Good luck, email for anymore questions.

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 01:44 pm: Edit

Do you think I could get in. Here are my stats: (not very excellent)

SAT: 1100 (WAITING FOR MY NEW SCORE!!!)
H.S Average- 88 (weighted)
Lots of volunteer work (camp counselor,tutor, mentor)
NHS
Did 3 sports
I speak Greek (I am Greek) & take Spanish
Did a leadership program in Boston
Class Rank 20/65
Senior Year Classes- AP Bio, AP Gov., AP Eng. Lit, Spanish IV & V, Scientific Research, Regents Math B

P.S-I AM OUT OF STATE

I think there is more stuff but I just wanted to ask you for your opinion. Please be honest!
Thanks.

By Fallentear04 (Fallentear04) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 05:53 pm: Edit

If you were in-state, I'd say you have a decent chance (as I'm in-state and know people that get in with similar stats). I don't know what it's like for out of state people but presumably, it'd be harder, unless they need the geographic diversity.

By Lebronathon (Lebronathon) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

um...they certainly could use the geographic diversity, although I am pretty sure it is harder to get in out of state. I'm an in-stater who got in there, and when I visited, my friends who go there along with almost all of their friends are from ct....one kid is from nebraska,heh.

1420 sat
3.42 uw

By Pwiddles (Pwiddles) on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 10:15 am: Edit

If I raised my sat score about 50-100 points, will my chances be much greater or just a little greater?

By Fallentear04 (Fallentear04) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:47 pm: Edit

100 points and I think you'd have a great chance. Don't let Lebron scare you - you definitely don't need a 1400+ to get into UConn.

By Massmom (Massmom) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 02:10 pm: Edit

When my son went to an info session there, they told him that a 1200 plus SAT, 3.0 GPA, and top 30% rank was a pretty automatic admit. He has stats better than this, and was admitted out of state. Since the average SAT is less than 1200, this must just be some sort of automatic cutoff.

By Adr531 (Adr531) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:30 pm: Edit

instead of making a new topic, ill make the question here. i got a 930 on my sat's the first time, then a 1190 the second time (650M 540V). I'm 91 out of 205 and have a 2.8 cumulative gpa. this is because of my fresh/soph grades. my junior and senior grades are all A's and a B. so on my transcript there is a definite upward trend.

Im in-state as well...do you think i have an ok chance?

By Adr531 (Adr531) on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

bump

By Lebronathon (Lebronathon) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:52 pm: Edit

ADR531...I think your chance is pretty good...kids at my hs got in w/ gpa's under 3 last year, and worse sat scores. uconn isn't that hard to get into. I don't see why any of you on here wouldn't. worst comes to worst they accept you to a regional campus, unless you want storrs, then it would stink.

By Adr531 (Adr531) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

thats cool then. thanx for the advice.

By Morningglory (Morningglory) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

I got into Uconn about a month ago. 1180 SATS, and a 3.8 GPA (out of 4.6), equilavent to about a 90 average. Does anyone know anything about the school?? I guess I'm considering it, I just know nothing about it or what anyone thinks about it

By Xyz155 (Xyz155) on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Great school. They recently recieved 2 billion dollars from the state to fix up the school, so every building looks beautiful and new. It really is a perfect school EXCEPT for Storrs. Omg, absolutely terrible terrible town. I visited over the summer and the cafeteria and etc. on campus was closed so we had to eat off campus. The only place we could find to eat was Blimpie. No joke. However, it seems that there is tons to do on campus and they are using part of the 2 billion to turn Storrs into a college town. I kind of got the idea that they are trying to model UConn off of Penn State (I am from PA) which is not a bad idea at all. Anyway, definatly a great buy for in-state students but no so much for out-of-staters. Good luck to all of you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page